Any filipino stay at home mom here in Shanghai?

Hi everyone. I'm new here in Shanghai and I am wondering if there are Filipinos here who are stay at home mom like me. I want to meet new friends.. Is there a Filipino store here? It is my first time here in China but been moving around to other parts of the world.. Want also to know how is life here in Shanghai..

Hi ate jo-an..!! nice to see u here in expat-blog..
How many months are u there staying??

..I'm here in Maldives now,:P
Hope you could find a filipino friends there!

MABUHAY!

Hi,
Medyo bago pa rin kami dito sa Shanghai. Have some other Filipino friends. Hanap din kami iba Filipino friends. Text lang pag may queries ka 15001970791.
Thanks

Hi Arbee10,

Could you please write in English in this English speaking forum so that members can understand? Thank you.

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your response and apologies to have written my response in Tagalog. It is good to know that you are reviewing the posts in the forum.

My message above goes like this. " We are also new in Shanghai. I have some other FIlipino friends. We are also looking for new friends. You can test/SMS me if you have any queries at 15001970791."

I also got your email about telling more about me. As a brief, I have been an Overseas Filipino Worker for about 10 years now and obviously now I am working in Shanghai. I have worked in many countries even in Afghanistan and this forum is really helpful for people working abroad (thanks) for many reasons you already know. My work here is long term and I have an apartment of my own in Xujiahui area.

I will post my photo in my profile as you requested.

Best Regards.

edvilyn wrote:

Hi ate jo-an..!! nice to see u here in expat-blog..
How many months are u there staying??

..I'm here in Maldives now,:P
Hope you could find a filipino friends there!

MABUHAY!

Hi. Thanks for the post.

Arbee10 wrote:

Hi,
Medyo bago pa rin kami dito sa Shanghai. Have some other Filipino friends. Hanap din kami iba Filipino friends. Text lang pag may queries ka 15001970791.
Thanks

Hi. Thanks for your post. I am living by the Bund area. And have not seen much filipinos here. What is your job here? Are there any filipino groups here?

jo-annshanghai wrote:
Arbee10 wrote:

Hi,
Thanks

Hi. Thanks for your post. I am living by the Bund area. And have not seen much filipinos here. What is your job here? Are there any filipino groups here?

Hi. The Bund area must be very nice, great stuff! I started working here in Shanghai in July last year although occasionally I go out of China for personal or work reasons. So far I met some Filipino friends from expat bars and restaurants as most of them are singers or restaurant managers. In fact, we have had some food & games already in my apartment. We cook a lot of Filipino food as I always stock with me ready mix (i.e., Calderat, Kare Kare, Sinigang). There are churches here in Shanghai (if you are Catholic) and surely you will meet some Filipinos. I dont know any Filipino groups yet and most of what I encountered are friends going out together. I noticed that most Filipinos here in Shanghai are friendly as compared to other countries (probably because we are happy to see each other when we do - not like in Dubai you can see Filipinos everywhere and its very common). The Filipino band in Malones is good and friendly. Often, there are some Filipinos in Xintiandi as well. Normally, I just make friends when I bump with them. I am employee with an American company here in Xujiahui area.

Regards.

I saw one resto there having a filipino band. I have two kids and sometimes bored at home. I am looking for an ayi also as my eldest will soon go to school. The problem here is language.  I know a neighbor here who has a part time filipino ayi. I prefere filipino also but she said the problem here is that they dont give visa to a Filipino ayi. Any hint where i can find one? thanks..

jo-annshanghai wrote:

I saw one resto there having a filipino band. I have two kids and sometimes bored at home. I am looking for an ayi also as my eldest will soon go to school. The problem here is language.  I know a neighbor here who has a part time filipino ayi. I prefere filipino also but she said the problem here is that they dont give visa to a Filipino ayi. Any hint where i can find one? thanks..

True. Filipinos can not easily get here in Shanghai due to visa restrictions. Thats' good and bad depending on how you look at it. I can not give you any hint now for an "ayi" now but let me know the details and will let you know if I come across some info (or someone).

Hello everyone, i am  James new here in shanghai with my wife we are both filipino and we would like to meet other filipino so here's my mobile: 15000379178
Thank you

Hi everyone! I'm new here, too! I'm Filipino, too. I work and live and Zhabei District. I've been here for just about 3 months and so far, I've just met 5 Filipinos once and never saw them again. :|

Ops sorry my number is:15000379175

hi jo,

hows life? happy new year. I am currently in macau working in hardrock cafe. ilove to visit china soon, to try my luck.=)) hopefully...i'm knocking on wood....cheers.

Hi jo-ann,

If you are looking for other stay at home moms, check out shanghaimamas.org, theres no Filipino group (yet) but you can start one, or join another - by area, hobbies, etc. They have events and mixers for everyone!

kris

Hi James. Is your wife working now or stayin at home? Do you have kids too and where in shanghai do u live?

Hi. Life is great here. Very lively and the cost of living is not bad

Hi Kris.  Do i need to be a member of shanghai mamas before joining a group as  i was supposed to apply for membership but been busy. They did aend me the form though..

Hi Jo-ann,

Yes, it is easy to become a member- they do it to protect the website from spam and advertisers. The forums are very, very helpful.

Kris

[Moderated: No free ad pls]

Hi Jo-ann,
II'm also Filipino living and working here in Shanghai. Nice to meet you here :-)
I cannot help you about the Ayi though. I just want to say Hi :-)
There's a lot of kababayans working here pala.

jo-annshanghai wrote:

Hi everyone. I'm new here in Shanghai and I am wondering if there are Filipinos here who are stay at home mom like me. I want to meet new friends.. Is there a Filipino store here? It is my first time here in China but been moving around to other parts of the world.. Want also to know how is life here in Shanghai..

wow! nice . hope to see them next week,

:)

Hello gigipords > could you please introduce yourself?

Hi to all... Im Engineer working in west nanjing road.. im filipino from cavite philippines...

Hello im gin from hongkou district  any filipina wife bored and stay at home email me so we can be friends and intouch each other thank u and have a nice day to all

Hi  michgin,

welcome to expat-blog!

Please note that this thread is from 2012.

Feel free to create a new topic on the Shanghai forum, this might help.

Thank you,

David.

hi...
how are you so far ?
my name is melody and my whole family live here in shanghai ..
i can speak chinese.
if you have any problem you can contact me and you can also meet my mum ^^
here's my number

[Moderated: Please post in English only on the English forum.]

I am also a Filipino stay at home mom and I just moved in this City.  I dont know anybody yet but would surely like to meet fellow Filipinos here. I have two kids who will go to school in August and ill be free to explore the city by then. I live in Changning District near the zoo.  :)

U have ym or gmail

Any Filipino living in Dalian? I will be teaching in Dalian this Sept. I am from Seattle Wa. I would love to have Filipino friends in Dalian. Please email [email protected]

Hello Guys,

I'm a Filipino expat working in Shanghai for 3 years now. Life here is good so far and definitely enjoy the bustling city view and scenery!
If you want to add up another friend in the city, please message me 13761677445...I live in Xuhui area.

Cheers!
Junmark

Hi Im Mary a housewife, we just moved in here in Hefei Anhui province China with my chinese husband, sad to say I am looking for Filipinos here for a year now but I cant find one in short I dont have Filipino friends here I wanted to meet my kababayan's. Anyone living in hefei right now please message me. :)

Hi Jay-r,
I'm in Shanghai. I'd like to meet more Filipino to have more friends here. :-)
my email is [email protected]
have you travelled other places in China outside Shanghai?

Hi jo im not a stayvatvhome mom but im currently here in shanghai pudong area i would like to meet new friends we can meet for coffee

Hi every one here, I'm Judy I filipino.. I live here in shanghai and I'm looking or part time job here I can be a nanny I love kids play with them and my passion is cooking so when it comes to kitchen no problem with me.. I hope some one can help me or if some one need a part time nanny they can contact me.. Thanks have a nice day and god bless to all

Hi Rochin,

Thanks. You can also contact me thru [email protected].

Aside from Shanghai, I also visited Beijing.

regards,
Jay-R

Hi,
Im Rosh and Filipina. Im new here in Shanghai and we are in Xujing area. Anybody interested for meet-ups please message me.

Hi i am Filipino and i have incoming trip in Shanghai this coming Nov, anyone can help me about good place there. i will be there just for 1 week.tnx