Indoor swimming pool in HCM

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for an indoor swimming pool in Ho CHi Minh City.
My aim is to do some lengths not sunbathing.

Anyone have a good address not to expensive but rather clean ?

Thank you !

The Rex Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) :cool:
Address: 141 Nguyen Hue, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
The Rex Hotel has both an indoor and outdoor swimming pool.

Very nice big and clean pool on Nguyen huu canh street. Just outside District 1 about 1 to 2 km. Not sure of the street number. But if leaving HCMC it is on your right. Behind a very big restaurant. Tennis courts also next to it. It is not indoors. But, it is fully covered. So no sun. Also very cheap.

Thanks for your tips !

how about clean? I am not sure that would be clean. When I was swimming at a local pool, I saw noodles in the water. What was that? you geuess.

I usually swim in the Renaissance Riverside Hotel. There is a clean and small pool on the rooftop :)

I'm dreaming about a 50m long swimming pool where people swim...  any idea?

There is one I love to swim. That is at Yết Kiêu Club, at 1 Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai, Bến Nghé Ward, District 1,HCM. The pool meets standard for competion, clean , and the price is cheap for expats! Enjoy your swimming

If you had used the search function you would have found:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=138602 - a complete list of facilities.

I saw the list of pools...but it's not clear which hotel pools are good for lap swimming. The Grand, for example. I can't tell from the photo.

Hi everyone here,

It is certainly that everyone also wants to swim in a clean swimming pool, I just ask you that How you know exactly if it is clean? Hihi. I just kidding but you can swim a place where you like or make you comfortable. As me, I like to swim on terrace because I can see the sky and sometimes I wanna fly there. Hihi

P/s: I am only learning to swim !!! hixhix. It's very difficut for me!

The swimming pool on Nguyen Huu Canh street is great, the name is Ho Boi Hai Quan, from District 1 you go to Nguyen Huu Canh then before the bridge pass to Saigon Pearl or The Manor you'll see one big restaurant, the swimming pool is next to the restaurant.

The ticket price is 20.000VND, you have to pay 1000 for clothes keeping service, the water is rather clean but you shouldn't go swimming on Sunday as it's very crowded. They have 2 pool, one outside and one with the roof.

There is a swimming-pool on Tran Hung Dao Q. 1 with a roof. It's clean and not so crowded. It's on the right when you come from Ben Thanh Market and there is a notice board "Budweiser" Because there is a Karaoke inside.

good tips. would be better if more people can state the price. really helps since I'm also looking for one to swim in the mornings before going to work.

thanks all, kinda what I need too!

The swimming-pool at Tran Hung Dao is 50.000 vnd for the day we can come from 4 o'clock am.
There is an outdoor swimming-pool at district 3 but, the price 14.000 vnd.

I'm really interested in swimming although i am not good at swimming. I am living in Nguyen Huu Canh.  So, the swimming pool suggested by summerdays is quite suitable for me. But my worry is about the quality of water there.

stubbornchirpy wrote:

I'm really interested in swimming although i am not good at swimming. I am living in Nguyen Huu Canh.  So, the swimming pool suggested by summerdays is quite suitable for me. But my worry is about the quality of water there.

hehe, also a hanoian, hi there, let's go swimm 2gether

What a pity! I already moved to Ho Chi Minh City. There is no Nguyen Huu Canh Street in HN city, right?

no dear, and I'm sure there's no 'Quan Tan Binh' in HN, and that's the point ;) I think you have figured out by now that I'm also in HCMC :)

:D Really? Are u in HCMC? That's quite great! So we can be friend!

All,
In my opinion, Hai Quan pool (by summerday) is not good at all, the water is not clean and the fitting room is terrible.

Yet Kieu, Dist 1 (by lovelyday) is standard pool for competition. Water is better than others but they have restrict time for public access. I'd used to swimming there from 6-7AM.

In dist 2, I've found a nice pool in an international high school, will try sometime and hope it's clean enough.

:). That is a good option for me. Thank Ct_win so much. But could you explain to me more about the time limitation for accession in Yet Kieu Club swimming pool. I am only available in every afternoon -end, and weekend.

It was on last year timetable, they only open to public from 6-8AM and 4-6PM every weekday. For weekend, it's 6-10AM and 2-6PM. Other time is for junior swimming team.

Hey,

I went today 30/1/2013 to  Yết Kiêu Club, at 1 Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai, Bến Nghé Ward, District 1,HCM.

17,000 VND to get in. Then you got to pay another 3,000 VND to rent swimming trucks unless you are wearing speedos.

So around US$1 in all.

Got there around 4pm. Packed full of school kids. Found a lane in the half sized pool.

Good if you just want to do lengths and get there around 5pm I reckon once the kids are off home.

I known Đại Thế Giới swimming pool in Dis 5 (under Nguyen Tri Phuong bridge).
It's the perfect swimming pool to me.
They have massage and sauna for free (including with ticket).

Wow sounds lovely. How far/cost in taxi from disrict1. Thanks in advance,

Richie

I like the Dai The Gioi swimming pool too.
But it's a bit far from D1. It might take 20mins drive from D1.
The address is : 586 – 612 đường Hàm Tử - Q5 - TP HCM

Hi

Do you know if this pool also has trainers if one wants to learn swimming.

Đại Thế Giới have trainer too. They teach with the cheap fee.
You can contact them directly.
Good luck.

i am looking for swimming pool too. ^^~ Refer this link. Hope it's useful for u.

[link moderated]

High-class hotel

There are quite many high-class swimming pools in Ho Chi Minh city and most of them are located in resort or high-class hotels.

1.       Swimming pool at 5 star Equatorial (242 on Trần Bình Trọng street, D5)

It is on the 4th floor of this hotel. Besides that, this swimming pool is voted as the best one in Ho Chi Minh city, according to The Guide. The length is about 24m, the width is about 8m, so it is ideal for people loving swimming. Additionally, there is small crescent pool for children. The water is cleansed continuously per day. This hotel also has more function like fitness center in the fresh atmosphere. It is opened every day for everyone. Ticket price is about 7USD/adult, 4USD/kid without limited swimming time. That price also includes free towel, water, Jacuzzi, sauna-steam bath, professional trainer. The special price for member is about 700USD/person/ year.

2. Swimming pool at New World hotel (76 Lê Lai, D1).

It is located on the 2nd floor in the background with a lot of trees to bring the relaxation and comfortable for people. Because it Is located outside, the swimmer can enjoy the real nature with sunshine and wind or lay on the bench around the pool. Besides that, swimmers can choose one of these following services like fitness, gym, tennis, golf, massage and etc. Price is about 18USD/person. Opening time is from Monday to Thursday (10.00AM to 10.00PM), from Friday to Sunday (10.00AM to 11.00PM)

3.       Landmark Swimming pool(15th of Landmark building, 5B Ton Duc Thang, D1)

Price is 10USD/person with free tennis and fitness.  They also teach swimming here with the fee (6USD/ 1.5h).

Middle swimming pool

The swimming pools with middle quality are around in the city. For the popular swimming pools among locals, these are some:

1. Kỳ Đồng swimming pool (40 Kỳ Đồng, Ward 9, D.3) There is pool for children aged from 1 to 4 years old. The size is 19m with the depth is about 0.3m. Inside pool, there are slide, decorated wall with Mickey mouse, Donald Duck, White Snow… creates the colorful atmosphere for children. Otherwise, there is another pool for children aged from 4 to 7 years old with the size 16*8*0.7m. The 3rd pool is for adult with the depth 1.2m – 1.8m, length 25m and width 16m. Ticket price is 5.000VND (25 UScent). It is closed on Friday for water cleansing.

2. Phú Thọ swimming pool (151 Lý Thường Kiệt street, D.11)

There are 3 pools, one for adult, one for children and one for young children. Pools for adult  with the depth from 2 to 2.5m. It is opened from 5.30AM to 10.00PM. Price for big swimming pool is 10.000VND (50 US cent)/ person.
4. Văn Thánh swimming pool (48/10 Điện Biên Phủ street, Bình Thạnh district)

It is located inside the Van Thanh park which is suitable to family, friends or picnic day. Ticket price is 20.000VND (1USD)/ adult and 10.000VND/kid.

5. Đại Thế Giới swimming pool (586 – 612 Hàm Tử street, D.5)

This swimming pool is designed indoor, so you can swim comfortably without staying away from sun burn. Price is about 30000VND (1.5USD)/ ticket, open every day from 8.00AM to 9.00PM.

Swimming program for disadvantaged children

Besides the high-class and middle swimming pools, Ho Chi Minh city also has some unique pools in Landmark building (5B Tôn Đức Thắng, D1). Every Monday and Tuesday, this swimming pool opens freely to children of 15/5 school as well as they are taught swimming for free. Almost children aged from 7 to 16 years old of 15/5 school are orphans or homeless.

Besides swimming pools above, there are still others like in Novotel Hotel (Nguyen Van Troi street, Phu Nhuan district), Caravel hotel (Dong Khoi street, D.1); Sheraton hotel (Dong Khoi street, D1). Đệ Nhất hotel (Hoang Viet street, District Tan Binh) …

There are also some swimming polls constructed and designed following new model like Dam Sen water park (D11), artificial swimming polls in Suoi Tien park (Đ)…

From Philip as expat living in HCMC: “good 50m pool in Phu Nhuan by the canal near Phan Xich Long (10,000vnd last time I went – a few months back). And also one opposite the Manor (but not swam there). And a one in D4 too – but it's rubbish. You wouldn't like it. No, really you wouldn't. Stay away. My tip to find the 50m pools? Google satellite/earth. Easy!”

Swimming pools with normal quality:  Cung Văn hóa Lao động TP.HCM (55B Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai, Q.1); Hồ bơi Câu lạc bộ Lan Anh (291 CMT8, Q.10); Hồ bơi Hàng Không (đường Hồng Hà, Q. Tân Bình); Hồ bơi Không quân (đường Thăng Long, Q.Tân Bình); Hồ bơi Lam Sơn (đường Trần Bình Trọng, Q.5); Hồ bơi 258 (258 đường Trần Hưng Đạo, Q.1); Hồ bơi sứ quán Mỹ (25 bis Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai, Q.1); Hồ bơi Bến Thành (141 Nguyễn Huệ, Q.1); Hồ bơi Bình Minh (148 Trần Hưng Đạo, Q.1); Hồ bơi Trần Văn Ơn (161B Nguyễn Văn Thủ, Q.1); Hồ bơi Nguyễn Bỉnh Khiêm (25 Nguyễn Bỉnh Khiêm, Q.1); Hồ bơi Đồng Khởi (8 Đồng Khởi); Hồ bơi Vân Đồn (120-122 Khánh Hội, Q.4), Hồ bơi Tản Đà (69 Tản Đà, Q.5); Hồ bơi Phú Lâm (685 Hùng Vương, Q.6); Hồ bơi Nhà Thiếu nhi Q.6 (212 Nguyễn Văn Luông, Q.6); Hồ bơi Cộng Hòa (364 CMT8, Q. Tân Bình); Hồ bơi Lý Thường Kiệt (52/1 Trần Triệu Luật, Q. Tân Bình); Hồ bơi Thiên Thai (34/25 Trường Chinh, Q.Tân Phú); Hồ bơi Khách sạn Thiên Hà (1/8 Huỳnh Tấn Phát, Q.7); Hồ bơi Hàng Hải (2 Cư xá Văn Thánh Bắc, đường D3, Q. Bình Thạnh); Hồ bơi Nguyễn Tri Phương (8A cư xá Bắc Hải, Q.10); Hồ bơi Hồ Kỳ Hòa 2 (16A Lê Hồng Phong, Q.10); Hồ bơi Lê Thị Riêng (875 CMT8, Q.10); Hồ bơi Him Lam (234 Ngô Tất Tố, Q. Bình Thạnh); Hồ bơi Lido (290 Nơ Trang Long, Q. Bình Thạnh); Hồ bơi Quân khu 7 (202 Hoàng Văn Thụ, Q. Phú Nhuận); Hồ bơi Chi Lăng (19B Lam Sơn, Q. Phú Nhuận); Hồ bơi 1/6 (450/19B Lê Đức Thọ, Q. Gò Vấp); Hồ bơi Bến Cát (173/44/12B đường 26/3, Q. Gò Vấp); Hồ bơi Đạt Đức (20/6 Thống Nhất, Q. Gò Vấp); Hồ bơi Làng Hoa (57/1 Quang Trung, Q. Gò Vấp); Hồ bơi Nhật Nguyệt (155-167 Bình Quới, Q. Bình Thạnh); Hồ bơi Bình Quới (1147 Bình Quới, Q. Bình Thạnh); Hồ bơi CLB TDTT Sasco (108A Hồng Hà, Q.Tân Bình); Hồ bơi CLB Quốc Tế (117 Đặng Văn Bi, Q. Thủ Đức); Hồ bơi Con Mèo Mun (Quốc lộ 13, Q. Thủ Đức); Hồ bơi Thiên Nga (751 Xuân Thủy, Q.2);…

an update for that post ...
club 258 is now closed.
Sheraton pool is 17$ a day
Our best choice was the rex hotel 175 000 a day 2 pools sauna and hammam and if you ask fairly you may can access the gymclub.
Olivier from ho chi minh

Update for this post....
I am going to try the Landmark Swimming pool today. Hope it is clean!

Any further comment from you guys?