Moving to Heredia Costa Rica

Help ... so many  questions.
should I bring a car
should I rent a furninshed house or unfurninshed
how much was it to furnish when we got there.
safe in Heredia
what not to do
help
2 small children with mom who is 56
hiring help ... how do you find reliable help
houses with pool, 3 bedrooms,  place for children to ride bikes...

Hope this helps you.
should I bring a car….check to see how much the import duties are before you do, on used cars it can be as much as 75% of the value of the car in Costa Rica and not the blue book.
should I rent a furninshed house or unfurninshed- You will need to pay taxes and transportation see if what you have is worth the move or if the sentimental value of it.

how much was it to furnish when we got there.- it all depends on your expectation and needs.

safe in Heredia
what not to do
help
2 small children with mom who is 56---I recommend not using the fully bilingual schools when they are in elementary so you can immerse them in a new culture and language. Why pay high private school rates for an education you would otherwise get for free in the USA.

hiring help ... how do you find reliable help—Ask friends and be prudent. But this is the best perk of living in Costa Rica, affordable full time help.

houses with pool, 3 bedrooms,  place for children to ride bikes...  If your budget allows it I highly recommend Cariari in Belen or any part of Belen for raising a family it is considered to be one of the best municipalities in the country and it is somewhat flat for riding bikes or walking.