Thinking of moving to India

Hi! My husband and I are thinking of moving to Jaipur for his business for 5 Or more years with our 14 month old son. I would love some info on where american ex-pats are, opinions on where to live, day to day life, or any general information. I am not a big traveler but i am excited at the idea of a whole new start in a completely different place and would appreciate any input. Thanks!

Hi Rem1cat,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I wish you good luck in your search.

Christine

I think you will like the city of Bangalore as most expats are heading and the western culture is thriving there. Plus scope of Income and eduction has a quality there.

Jaipur is not a choice, so i need info on where to live and where expats are in jaipur thanks!

hi rem1cat,
See these :
Some of those people are like you and you will get help
tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g304555-i4767-k1686320-Expats_in_Jaipur-Jaipur_Rajasthan.html

indiamike.com/india/jaipur-f62/foreigners-living-in-jaipur-t95547/3/

facebook.com/pages/Expats-in-Jaipur-India/129052257153316?sk=info
Good luck ! Welcome to India ! :)

read this http://www.indiamike.com/india/jaipur-f … le-t41790/

Hi,
Jaipur is a nice decent place to live in India but certainly not that good for work. Life is bit slow & low here , not a vibrant work culture, but calm and peaceful. My sincere advise will be not to do business in Jaipur as city's peaople & administration has a laidback attitude towards work. Though it has good infrastructure , there are no erractic power cuts like other indian cities, less traffic congestion. The best area to live will be Civil lines & C-scheme as it has good , sophisticated people over there.  If your business is on credit basis you are bound to face problems as the condition of payments are too bad , again you will find laidback attitude in this regard too. But  if your business is related to tourism or jewellery then you will end up in right place as these businesses have tremendous scope out here. Buying a poperty is a hell in Jaipur as the prices have touched new heights you may find lot of people with fraudulent intention of duping you, so don't think of buying property in Jaipur initially until you get yourself aquaited well with city's length & breadth.

But forgein nationals get lovely treatment over here as it is the capital of Rajasthan state which attracts highest no. of forgein tourists. It has lot of places to see and hosts lot of events such as literature festival every year. If you require any other information ask anytime and i will b pleased to answer it.

Jaipur is not a cosmopolitan city though it is a tourist attraction. If at all you have to stay in Jaipur you need to have will power to withstand it's summer and winter. It is similar to Delhi. You may choose to live in C Scheme which is a posh area although you may not find may expats living in Jaipur for such a long duration.

How are the winters and summer? I am unfamiliar with the climate.... Also i am learning hindi. Do you think it will help me adapt to the area? We really need to be in jaipur specifically for my husbands job so we need to be open minded about living where there are no other exPats...as long as there is a mall somewhere. Lol

In summer temp. may rise to 48-49 Celsius and in winter it may dip to 3-5 degree Celsius. As such it is a modern and developing city with Malls, Multiplexes and Multicuisine Restaurants.-Regards

Hi, we can help you in Jaipur and we can host you with deep of our heart. We are also in to business of High Fashion Garments. We will be happy to see you here in Jaipur. You can visit our manufacturing unit and ware house too.

Regards,

Dinesh Sharma

Well I think Mr. Dinesh Sharma is the right person. Any way get his credentials properly since none of us knows him and he has not given his company address home address or cell no. SO first get into a hotel visit his unit and home talk to his family members and then take his help to get a good accommodation. Since you are from NJ the atmosphere in Jaipur for you in summer is very very hot  unbearable for you. So you need an air conditioner both at home and  car.Check the weather report every day and compare to know the condition. Since you have decided to settle in Jaipur first year will be testing. Slowly you will get used to the heat and within 3 years you will move normal in Jaipur.

Thank you!

Hi, I am sure you have looked all across tripadvisor.com about Jaipur & its culture, good to know that your family would be reloacting to Jaipur for a Period of 5 or more years.

I am from Jaipur & a expat myself staying in Dubai, UAE.(moderated: pls post in the classifieds. Thank you)
Incase you are keen, I can send you more details & assign one of my Managers to take you around in Jaipur on your arrival.

You may add me on Yahoo Chat or drop me a e-mail:...

Regards,
Tushar Yadav