9 ball/ 8ball Competition

Hey guys,

Does anyone know of any competitions for 9 or 8 ball? Also any good quality billiard/pool halls in Saigon? I will arrive in April and can't wait to practice somewhere good! Any suggestions?

Regards

Jed

Hi Jed, there are hundreds of pool halls around. They all obviously play both 8 and 9 ball. Plenty of good ones too and some not so good.
I've not seen many competition's but I've not really looked too hard. I do know they take place but not so many for foreigners. That's not to say you can't compete in with the locals it just gets a little harder to find them :)

Thanks,

Think it'll be a case of getting my my bike and take a look around. Thanks again, can't wait to get out there again!

Best wishes

Jed

No worries, give me a shout when you get here, I'll take yu to a couple of my favourite places. I shoot 8 ball not particularly well these days but I still like to play.

I know there was a tournament for foreigners last year at one of the places I play at, but it was imo poorly set up so I didn't get to enter. Oh and it was 9 ball, not really my game.

Hey thanks,   

I know 8 ball better, but I want to learn 9 ball because it seems to be the more prefered game in Asia. Do you have your own motorcylce? I'll be buying my own when I arrive, so if you could show me around a few good halls that would be great! I'll message you my number when I pick one up!

Regards

Jed

Hi Jed, there is a real mix of both 8 and 9 ball here even amongst the locals.
I have many arguments over the pro's n cons of both and I still maintain 9 ball is easier lol

I have 3 bikes so yep getting around is easy enough :)

billiard!! my favorite sport when I was in university, hehe