Doing business in Kuwait

Hi,

are foreign investors welcome in Kuwait?

Is it complicated to register a company in Kuwait? What is the procedure?

What is the corporate tax rate in Kuwait?

Is it easy to recruit?

Any advice you would share with us?

Thank you very much for your participation,

Julien

Yes; foreign investors are welcome in Kuwait however they need a Kuwaiti partner to establish a business in Kuwait, Kuwaiti partner will own 51% of the firm.

registration procedures for companies are quite complicated with plenty of driving around to Ministries and the chamber of commerce - the specific info can be found here

corporate tax rate for foreign companies has been fixed at 15% of net profit per annum. previously it was in slabs with companies earning less than 5000KD profit being exempt from tax (highest slab was 55% for profits over 365,000KD), however now it is  flat rate of 15% for all.

recruitment depends on the companies file with the Ministry in terms of recruiting foreign workers as all companies need to maintain a percentage of nationals working in their departments.

Kuwait is a country where you work - without work you cannot stay here as it is not a touristic destination. rents are soaring as are living costs, with no income, staying is difficult. also hotels are quite expensive compared to elsewhere.

Hi GRG562,

I've asked you a few precise questions, and not to advertise your professional activity

Thanks for your comprehension

Dear GRG562,

what Julien was pointing out is that this is a PUBLIC forum where expats get together to share tips on how to thrive in their new setting. your well thought out contribution, albeit useful, seems more of an advertisement for your firm rather than an honest opinion to help out with the question asked.

What we are suggesting is that you either keep your answers short and concise without advertising your firm, or you advertise your firm in the classifieds section.

Julien is the creative mind behind Expat.com, and forgive me for saying this but your manner is a tad rude.

Have a nice day,

I moderated his message a second time, and made sure he won't post again