Doing business in Cambodia

Hi,

are foreign investors welcome in Cambodia?

Is it complicated to register a company in Cambodia? What is the procedure?

What is the corporate tax rate in Cambodia?

Is it easy to recruit?

Any advice you would share with us?

Thank you very much for your participation,

Julien

Its some kinda money thing here.... Easy to put business .

Foreign investors money is welcome in Cambodia, sometimes the investor ends up leaving and the money stays ;-)  Its all about who is getting a good share of the profits locally - jealousy is a curse.  You will need to cultivate relationships with the right people. The technicalities are I think easily done (just hire a lawyer) but offer you little protection in disputes.

I can only comment on recruiting: there are many applicants and limited skills, exactly how limited depends on what you want. There is a lot of 'churning', people think getting lots of jobs is better than 3+ years in one job, and they are always chasing a pay rise.

Corporate tax is 20% on profits or 1% on turnover, whichever is higher.

VAT is 10% but rarely applied in small business.

Thanks for your contribution Makewa!;)

Harmonie.

Doing business in Cambodia is quit easy, if you know what to do and have the right people to help you. (moderated: no free ads on the forum please)

it costed me 250 $ payed at the ministry of commerce to get a business registered . its a sole proprietarship and all they needed was the passport copy, 3 passport size pictures  and a copy of the residential contract in cambodia . thats all .

May I ask what industry you guys are planning or did create your new business? Tourism, restauration, others?

I am interested in any information from foreigner who created a business in Cambodia

That's the easiest way not repeat mistakes :)

Thank you!

i opened a fashion design house with training and all N am in the middle of adding up the taxes .. will let u knw more once i try it myself :))

For small business is easy and simple but for any importation will be horror!

All this information is outdated !

@ Wimbleton > If you have some up to date information, do not hesitate to share them with us ! :)

Thanks

Priscilla