Doubt in my job offer

Hi all,
Recently I got an offer with an IT company and my work location will be Abu Dhabi. In the contract there are certain conditions which are bothering me. They have mentioned that If I leave the company (of if the company terminates me), I need to obtain a consent letter from the company for working with any new employer.
Is it a norm in UAE/Abu Dhabi that such employment clause exist?

Please advice if this offer is acceptable.

Regards,
Shiv

Yes, it's normal

Thanks very much!
Will it be easy to get the consent letter or should one bargain hard to get the same while termination.

I guess it depends upon the circumstances under which you leave.

I have been offered a position in Abu Dhabi with a base salary of 27000AED/month, plus car allowance and 80% education allowance for the kids. There is no house allowance. Medical is covered 100% and flights back to Canada once a year. Can someone help and let me know if this is a good package to accept for a family of four.

Nikhil2012 wrote:

I have been offered a position in Abu Dhabi with a base salary of 27000AED/month, plus car allowance and 80% education allowance for the kids. There is no house allowance. Medical is covered 100% and flights back to Canada once a year. Can someone help and let me know if this is a good package to accept for a family of four.

Hi! I am also looking for employment and relocation to UAE and have been researching this somewhat.

From what I've read, housing is very expensive in Abu Dhabi and you have to pay a significant amount up front. However, in contrast you are getting 80% education allowance for your two kids and the private schools are also very expensive. In my, admittedly non-expert, opinion, I think it may be a very good package depending on your experience and position.

Can you give me any pointers or advice in job hunting for the UAE? I'm also in IT; Sr Software Engineer and Project Manager. Any advice or website resources would be very appreciated.

Thank you and good luck!