Is Jeddah and Al-Khobar more relaxed that Riyadh for single females ?

Just wondering as a single female if Jeddah and Al-Khobar are more relaxed for single females in terms of having to cover ones hair ?
I hear Riyadh is very conservative ?

Cant say about Al khober, but jeddah is advanced than Riyadh

saharadesert wrote:

Just wondering as a single female if Jeddah and Al-Khobar are more relaxed for single females in terms of having to cover ones hair ?
I hear Riyadh is very conservative ?

Not much Idea about Jeddah, but definitely Khobar is a little bit liberal as compared to Riyadh as you can see women roaming around with their head not covered.

ya, in jeddah also, not necessary to cover,

danish luv wrote:

ya, in jeddah also, not necessary to cover,

Then surely Riyadh is more conservative than these cities !!

yaaaaaaaaa, so much,

So in conlusion, in Jeddah (and Al-Khobar) a single, un-married female does not have to cover her hair....Am I right ?

I'm in Riyadh and I never cover my hair. 

Once in a while we might run into a mutawa who's working overtime lol so we cover for a nano-second and as he goes running off after somebody else, we uncover.  It's almost funny, actually.

Absolutely. Riyadh is way more conservative than both the places.

Alliecat wrote:

I'm in Riyadh and I never cover my hair. 

Once in a while we might run into a mutawa who's working overtime lol so we cover for a nano-second and as he goes running off after somebody else, we uncover.  It's almost funny, actually.

Hi Alliecat - In my last 3 months stay here, i have rarely seen anywoman with their head uncovered. So you might be the daring one.....lol And what u said here is actually very funny and mocking the system @ the face !!!:lol::lol:

@ Alliecat

heheh, jeddah was also very hard before some years. once my frind has long hairs, he was out at the time of pray, mutawwas caught him and shave his head. hahahah

Funny to read all your posts.
I sure hope the muttawas are not as strict or all over the place in Jeddah !!
I was hoping young Saudis in their 20s to 30s have changed
their views on covering ones hair with the influence of globalization ?
Am I wrong again ?
Sorry for all these questions- just trying to learn as much as I can before coming to Jeddah.

Relax buddy, just come and feel free

danish luv= are you a female or male ?
Just wondering cause I think it is easier for males on here to say "relax buddy" !
LOL....

ofcourse i am male, is anything wrong in my profile?

No you are fine. Relax buddy.;)

yes i am, hehehe, thanks.

saharadesert wrote:

I think it is easier for males on here to say "relax buddy" !
LOL....

Very astute!!  You are absolutely correct lol

Have experience living in Jeddah for 2 years and in Riyadh for 3. Not much different, always uncovered. And only when bump into muttawa for couple of seconds to cover and then they are gone. Usually in shopping centres staff will tell you: careful, mam, we have muttawa viziting..