Jeddah Knowledge School ? Any information ?

Hi,

I would like updated information on this school.

Does anyone know what the school is like ?
Does it have modern facilities and a good reputation ?
Thanks.

Hi Sarahdesert, Info that i have found on the wepsite - the school looks very modern.  I am also trying to find info for the school, such us what cirriculum is used for english and math. My concern for most of the schools is the turnover of staff, the facilities may be state of the art but if the teachers are not committed and are only there for a short period of time i am left wondering if my grade one child would not benefit staying in the private school he is attending at the moment in SA.
Doreen

It seems there's a lot of teachers talking about it on that link I gave you on the other thread!

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=84991

Hi,

I have recently accepted a job out there.  I start in August.  are you thinking of takng a job there? 

Claire

Hi Claire it seems we will be starting at the same time, what will you be teaching?

I am also starting in august as a p.e teacher

Stuart metcalfe wrote:

I am also starting in august as a p.e teacher

Hi Stuart I have just arrived in Jeddah and teaching PE at an international school, was wondering if we could arrange some football fixtures???

Hi am starting a new job in Jeddah In August.. any advice?

Hey,  are you going to be at JKS?? Do you know which compound you will be living on?  Are you a primary school teacher?

Claire

Going to JKS, Shabatly Compound will be in the MYP.

How many years experience do you need to work at JKS?

I have only finished my NQT year so I only have one.  I am going to be teaching year 3 starting in August.

Thank you Clairey.

Are you going to apply??

Well, I might, but they don't have any opening right now. I am actually doing my PGCE now, will finish in over  a month. Been offered a position at another school in KSA. I would much rather work at LKS though.

Never know, they might have something coming up. I would love to get PYP experience.

If not this year, maybe next.

Jeddah Knowledge, recently confirmed as an international school from the saudi ministry of education, is a school that follows both the IB and American Diploma program. If you are a PYP ( primary year program from grades 1 to 5) or an MYP (middle year program from grades 6 to 10) student, you need to take both programs, but you only take basic IB as it is a vigorous program. Meanwhile, if you are a DP ( diploma program grades 11 and 12) student, you get to choose whether you want IB full diploma, American diploma, or IB certificates for the subjects you selected. For MYP and PYP students, jeddah knowledge school provides its students with IGCSE cambridge mathematics. For further information, please contact me back.

Thank You.

I will go to jks soon

How is the students their good or bad

Michael wonder wrote:

How is the students their good or bad

What subject will you be teaching?

To answer your question, depends on gender and age.  Most are spoilt and filthy rich, with the corresponding attitude and behavior.

Hi Michael wonder,

Welcome to Expat.com.

Please note that you posted on an old thread.

I suggest you to start a new discussion on the Jeddah forum for better visibility and interaction.

You may then post your questions and I am sure other members will also provide you with useful information very soon.

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

P.S: A hi, thank you or please will be highly appreciated :)