Moving from MemphisTn,USA to Brasov Romania...

Hello all my family is moving to Brasov Romania about mid-March. I am hoping to meet some people, make some friends and ask a lot of questions. My husband has been offered a nice job there and we were already looking for a change. I am very excited about this move, this move is our first outside Tennessee, USA and our first trip overseas. I have been told a lot of very good things about Brasov and about Romania in general. The only thing I don't quite understand is about taking our DVD/VCR and playstation with us. If we buy the outlet adapters will they still work? I am also a little concerned about money there, I was told that 1,300 US dollars a month will be more than enough but I am used to that not even coming close to supporting a family of 4 here. I would love to get to know some people who live there and can help me get ready to face the world in a new country.

Thanks
Jennifer

I don't live in Romania, but I did bring the Playstation with me to Germany.  We were able to find a heavy-duty converter online that can handle the Playstation.  I recommend buying one in the US (you can get them online) before moving because it is much easier!
The only other problem is whether you will bring your US TV or get a new one in Romania.  If you don't have a US TV you will also need a converter to hook up your Playstation to the TV.  We had to get an N-PAL converter online.  We got the cheapest and the color when using the Playstation isn't so hot so you might want one that's a little more expensive.

You are lucky, Brasov is probably one the best parts of Rumania! Many people there are currently earning 3-400 dollars per month, 1300 dollars will go a long way. I have a good friend who lives not far from Brasov, she works with a local solicitor and also free lance as both interprters/translator and real estate broker. Please feel free to contact me if you wish me to put in you in touch with her. I understand your husband will work for a local company, or at least with locals. Rumanians are very friendly and down to earth. I have heard that it is not difficult for foreigners to make local friends, but you will find that a smuttering of the local language will work miracles! :cheers:

I believe you have already got your experience in Romania. What is your impression? I am from Brasov and I miss my home-town. I hope you got in love of the city. Wish you all the best. George