Just moved to Ho Chi Minh City

So I have recently moved to Ho Chi Minh City during Tet

I am a qualified highschool mathematics teacher from Brisbane, Australia

I joined this community for a few reasons...

1- get some info regarding teaching jobs - This community has been quite helpful already!  Really appriciate the help and I hope in some way I can return the favor to those people who have taken the time to assist me already

2- meeting new people who may be in same / similar situation as I am - an expat looking for work / living in a new city

I live just off Vo Thi Sau in district 1 so im quite close to the centre and I have in the last 2 weeks had my iphone pick pocketed and bought a bike - so very up and down period of time

So i guess im saying Hey whats up?!

I enjoy swimming, pool, beers (who doesn't?) and cruising on my hog!

look forward to meeting / talking with you all :D

andrew.

G'day mate. Welcome to the big city. I have lost 8 phones so far. But not for past couple of years. Now a habit to keep it tucked away. Lol. Cheers.

Howdy mate! Welcome to Ho Chi Minh! Have a wonderful stay. Cheers.

Contact Apple with serial number, etc. and they will render the hot phone inoperable at least until it's jail broken.

I've not lost a cell, GPS, 2-way radio, etc., ever and I wear them all on my belt in holsters custom built for me. A holster only costs $8 made from Kevlar by a store on the first lane from Ton That Tung Street off Li Thi Rieng (Q1) and also in Dan Sinh market.

yeah i figured thats the first thing they would do - jailbreak the phone.

it sucked cause i had that baby for 2.5 years - went around the world with it for a whole year and never lost it - a few days in vietnam.. BAM!!

hard felt lesson - damn i miss google maps

Welcome to Vietnam. I have been to 32 countries. Never lost a thing. They are good at what they do here.

hi guys,
well come to VN, i am sorry to hear you guys talking about losing things in Viet Nam. but there are always some good person and bads in every where in the world. i have seen some foreigners have bad heavier in here also.  so keep your things in save. i hope it's not happen to you again and hope you will enjoy your time in VN.