Schools for minors

I`d like to know about schools....Primary to high school..cause that`s important...I need to know where to find a good one, before buying real estate....Thanks for ALL answers!!

Hi Elenita, la testarudita and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to browse through the forum, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

Thank you! It seems they all advice us to go private. I think that is far too expencive and with a global internetschool added to a local one, that should do it. Cause IF I move there, I`d like to be around the locals and not around foreingers....I want to learn to know the chilean people...and off course....improve my spanish A LOT ;-)

Hi Elenita!
Well!, if you want to choose a good school you must to pay some private school, there is a lot of goverments schools they are very cheap but they arenŽt too good...

The Chilean Goverment have a web application to show the result of the differents schools (private and non private) in a map, its quite good

Open this web and select the city where you want find schools
http://www.simce.cl/index.php?id=521

And then this will open a map of city, then you must close the city and will appear the differents schools

I hope help you
Ricard
If you need more info [email protected]

Gracias, Ricardo!!! I`ll look into it ;-) Do you think Chile is a safe place to stay for foreingers ?

Will be better if some foreigners talk about live in Chile, but i have talk a lot with foreigners from differents places, and they said that chilean care a lot of foreigners, try to understand ur language for help u, there is good places to visit... live the nature... but u have too the same kind of big cities, it{s quite safe and.. well... u could try eh, this is a place where u can start again or living better

Ricardo

hii Elenita, how are you?
Im Alan from Chile and I wish u all the best in your trip to Chile
:)
heyy how is it your school search going??

take care
alan

I think it`s difficult to make a decision....cause I can`t afford a private school...and then my girl has to attend to a local school AND the global school on the internet...Maybe that will be too much school? I wanted a different life...and not a more difficult one for my daughter....Maybe I have to wait until she is a bit older and can make a decision with me herself... I DO wanna move, but I don`t wanna live in Santiago...I`m a girl of nature, so I`ll go in the countryside...Maybe I just have to wait.....?

Elenita,

I work at a private British school in Santiago. You mentioned you wanted your daughter to be around locals and not foreigners. The vast majority of the students in my school (it's pre-k to level 12) are from Chile. There are some students from other countries, but most of them are from somewhere in South America.

If you're interested in the South where there is more country side there are some good private schools down there as well. I don't know a lot about the public schools in Chile. All I have been told is that they are not very good. I'm also not sure about the global school you mentioned on the internet.

Good luck with your search!

[Moderated]