Will be in Maldives very very soon

Good day Everyone.
I am single and in early 30's. Filipino.
Will be First Time to Travel/work/live in Maldives.
Just accepted a job offer in Male, Maldives (Mehenli Goalhi) in a Travel and Tours company.
I will be working and staying for 1 year.

The company will shoulder Food, shared Accommodation and Transportation. Medical Check-up will be beared by the company and will apply for my Work Visa Card also.

I am fair skinned and the company doesn't require office/work uniform.
-what's the usual clothes (pls include shoes) to wear there in Maldives?

I will be bringing my IPhone and Laptop.
1. How much is the SIM Card (Pre-Paid and Post Paid) of WATANIYA (in US Dollar)?
2. How much is the monthly fee for Postpaid Sim card of Wataniya?
3. How much is the USB stick (Pre-Paid and Post Paid) of WATANIYA (in US Dollar)?
4. How much is the monthly fee for Postpaid USB stick of Wataniya?
5. For an Expat to stay for 1 year only, what is advisable to buy? Pre-paid or post paid? (this applies to Sim Card and USB stick)
6. I believe Sim card of Wataniya can be bought at the aiport just show the Passport... Where can I buy USB stick then and what are the documents that I need to present?

By the way, still doin' some research about Working and Living in Maldives that's why I have some ideas gathered through net searching (Thanks to Google :D )

Pardon for too many questions.. I just need answers, for me to prepare everything in going there, as I maybe fly there this March or most is 1st week of April.

Thank you in advance :)

Hi Firipinjin and welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to browse through the different threads of the forum, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

hi there

try to brows dhiraggu... to the other line provider
if not mistaken with used5 u can get d sim but then depend how much u wan d credit
for d stick also then depend ho many G u want it can goes up to usd30 for 5G for month subscribe if not mistaken

for start y don't u use prepaid n later upgrade as postpaid
with d prepaid u can also hv the monthly data of just usd10-12 for 1G on ur iPhone  then u just continue top up monthly or when u need or even at lower rate for lower data capacity

cloth! -- the weather not much different from filipina i guess...
avoid high hill coz u will traveling in boat n walk a lot
T shirt i would say a must n a lot
rain coat maybe
flip flop a must
sun glasses..... yup
small bag pack for carry few thing around or when u go out buy thing

mmmm  what else............

I am fair skinned and the company doesn't require office/work uniform.
-what's the usual clothes (pls include shoes) to wear there in Maldives?
casual dress codes are fine, tiny shorts and mini skirts are not really accepted but if your a tourist usually its not minded.. and the tourists they do not wander into small streets ..since you will be working living in male i suggest, jeans, t-shirts are perfect...

I will be bringing my IPhone and Laptop.
1. How much is the SIM Card (Pre-Paid and Post Paid) of WATANIYA (in US Dollar)?
prepaid 3.25$ with 1.29$ credit with current exchange rates of 15.42 =1USD, for post paid you will have to pay 32.42$ deposit and you will be able to use it until this limit, however you can have a higher deposit and have higher limits.

2. How much is the monthly fee for Postpaid Sim card of Wataniya?
depends which package you apply, basic is about 10$

3. How much is the USB stick (Pre-Paid and Post Paid) of WATANIYA (in US Dollar)?
about 32.50$,

4. How much is the monthly fee for Postpaid USB stick of Wataniya?
NA

5. For an Expat to stay for 1 year only, what is advisable to buy? Pre-paid or post paid? (this applies to Sim Card and USB stick)
i suggest prepaid, and since you have your iphone, depending on the OS you have on your iphone u will not need a USB wirelss modem, you can open a personal wifi hotspot from the phone itself,

since you have iphone, i reckon that you will be using your phone to access the internet alot, hence you can apply for the !GB package for 10$, valid for one month, if you do not watch a lot of videos this will be enough and you can share the same package with your laptop

6. I believe Sim card of Wataniya can be bought at the aiport just show the Passport... Where can I buy USB stick then and what are the documents that I need to present?
copy of passport only & original to varify. no need to buy it from airport, you can buy it from a lot of shops in male.

By the way, still doin' some research about Working and Living in Maldives that's why I have some ideas gathered through net searching (Thanks to Google  )
:)

Pardon for too many questions.. I just need answers, for me to prepare everything in going there, as I maybe fly there this March or most is 1st week of April.
sometimes it might take a while to get the work pernmit, so dont get frustrated about this.. sometimes its super fast and the othertimes it dead slow..... hope to see you soon in maldives.

cheers
mooch

Hi Firipinjin,

Kamusta?

Please let me know once you are here in Male.I,ll be wiling to help you. You can send me message if you still have questions.

=)

oh Mooch has replied you very well and that is all about your queries,

hope to see to soon on board, Maldives

regards

Thank you very much everyone for all the information you've shared ... it's really a lot of big help specially to those who are first timers in Maldives as expat ...

Very much appreciated Mooch ... I am actually waiting for your reply as you are very precise and straight in answering all queries here ....

I will be expecting to arrive in Male On or Before 14h of May ...
see you all soon :)

see you soon :)

yes dear ... will contact you as soon as i arrived there in Maldives ... kindly read your inbox.. sent you a message ....

and hope i could join your plan of get together .. :)
see you around. ^_^

sure,,we will wait for you...!

..still waiting for other members responses..!
:)

yey! excited much :P

hi Firipinjin

Are you already in Maldives, who do you feel of this place. if you need some entertainments in the evenings after your busy hours, you can walk in to the new cafe in Shariyuvardhe Magu near to ITEMS shop, they have pool Table and Garlendo also nice and awsome moctails shakes and healthy drinks, it is worth spending time at this cafe

Thank you Buzyhunk for the info ... appreciate it :)

will try to visit that place soon ...

by the way, im not there yet in Maldives .. will be there very very soon ... See yah :)