US people in Bulgaria?

Hi there everybody!
I really like this blog/forum! I think it is very helpful :)

My US friend is coming to Bulgaria in the fall to learn Bulgarian. She also wants to find a part time job. Are there any other US people, here living in Sofia, who has already done something like that?

Hi Angelstarr,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hi Angelstar,

You or your friend can learn Bulgarian in some of the language schools here, either in a group ( if staying longer) or with individual lessons ( fater).

Job opportunities differ, but for native speakers always there is an option to work as English teachers. Otherwise, depending on your qualifications, you can search through relevant companies here.

If there's sth. else I can help - ask here or drop me an e-mail.

Kris

Hi Kris,
we figure it out that she can study at Sofia university (DEO)for a very reasonable price and also have a better chance of getting a long term visa. We are still looking for a job opportunity and I hope we will find one when she gets there...

Thank you
Angel

studying is a good solution and can easily be arranged, otherwise, I would consider the "control and coordination of tourist services contract" :)

"A long-stay visa with a validity term of up to one year and a right to stay up to 360 days may be issued to foreigners who perform science research or are students under tuition programmes for up to one year, post-graduate or trainee students, foreigners sent on assignment by a foreign employer for the performance of specific tasks, related to control and coordination of a tourist services contract as well as foreigners sent on assignment by a foreign employer for implementing investments under the Investment Promotion Act (under article 15, paragraph 2 of the Foreigners in the Republic of Bulgaria Act)."