Contract job advice in Kuwait

Hi,

I am a telecom prfofessional from India and getting an offer of 5000 USD per month inclusive all in kuwait city. Can any one help me out to get below information ?

1. I will be on consulting agency payroll and they are saying that this salary (5000 USD )will be paid in two ways-
one is that 1800 USD will be paid locally in Kuwait as per Kuwaiti legislation and rest 3200 USD will be paid outside the Kuwait means in my personal bank a/c in India. is it correct ? if it is so then will i be able to save from both components or i have to spend whole local amount paid

Thanks

Rashid

dear Rashid,

welcome to Expat.com

u previously posted the same paragraph here and here

please do not spam in other threads, if u have a query that is unique, do as u have now and address it as a general inquiry.

the deal you mentioned sounds fishy to me. what u are saying is that u are contracted to be paid (roughly) 1,400KD per month, 896KD will be paid outside of Kuwait (meaning u have to incur bank transfer charges etc) to get it in Kuwait, and ur salary in Kuwait will be 504KD.

i do not understand why the company would do that as there is no personal income tax in kuwait. if possible, suggest to get paid the larger of the two amounts locally, and send the smaller amount to ur personal bank account in India (encourage saving).

but like i said, this sounds strange to me. never heard of such an arrangement previously. and ive audited foreign companies before.