From London To Toronto

Hi all

Just moved to Toronto from the UK and was just a decision that I wanted to make since I first came to Canada as a kid.

Love Toronto and everything about it so hope to learn some tips and advice from this site from similar and like minded people.

Cheers
Bobby

Hi bobby:

Welcome to Expat.com. Sure the members will like to share their experiences with you very shortly. What about you? Why don't you let us have a glimpse of what life is there in Toronto? Tell us how you are living this experience.

Cheers,

Varushen.

bobbyn wrote:

Hi all

Just moved to Toronto from the UK and was just a decision that I wanted to make since I first came to Canada as a kid.

Love Toronto and everything about it so hope to learn some tips and advice from this site from similar and like minded people.

Cheers
Bobby

welcome bobby
i'm prejudiced i'm sure, but i love toronto. was born and raised here. i especially like our multi-cultural population. good luck on settling in.

Hi all

well at the moment i am only a week and half into my experience. Although I have visited before it is very different when comes to living here and doing the normal day to day things like going shopping and catching the subway.

I dislike that everything is so spread out but then at the same time there is so much variety and places to visit. Today i ventured to north york and enjoyed the mini city vibe but downtown is WOW to me.

Looking forward to finding a place where i can watch english soccer and grab some food at the same time. :)

Simple things in life lol

bobbyn wrote:

Hi all

Looking forward to finding a place where i can watch english soccer and grab some food at the same time. :)

Simple things in life lol

hey bobby,
i posted the following for another football fan re neighbourhoods & pubs - may be of interest to you too:

again depending on age and budget. but you'd prob really like the madison in the annex. huge old victorian converted into a bar thats populated with uni folk;

then of course there's the beaches again for summer events;

restaurant district downtown is a bit cheesy but a good place to start meeting ppl;

little italy is nice - can be pricey;

there's a great irish pub  the local tfc (toronto football club) crowd goes to...brazen head i think...it's also fun to go see a tfc game;

there's a great sports bar at yonge & st. clair called "scallywags" which broadcasts european leagues

there's a seudo social sports league in toronto that might interest you...i've worked with guys who play football (our football) or rugby and like it "http://www.trsl.ca/AboutTRSL.htm"

cheers,

thanks again, I took a jump into strange waters and went to a meetup and met some cool people and one of them mentioned about going for drinks at madison this week.

Your advice has been superb thanks alot
Bobby

bobbyn wrote:

thanks again, I took a jump into strange waters and went to a meetup and met some cool people and one of them mentioned about going for drinks at madison this week.

Your advice has been superb thanks alot
Bobby

glad to hear it bobby...torontonians aren't exactly known for their friendliness...(i'm born and raised so can say that :))