Retiree Health Insurance Experiences

I have experienced a 3-day stay in a Philippine Hospital (Mactan Community Hosp)& found it a good -- if such a stay is necessary -- experience. Reminded me of a County Hosp. in the States. The Doctors & All Staff were very professional & confident. A pvt room w/A.C. cost me $50/day.

I am aproaching that age that it might be to my advantage; And curious if most expats in the Pinas carry Health Insurance, What Ins. company is most recommended for being fair & reliable. And if you are pleased with the coverage provided, its cost, & the speed they pay coverage.

Any such info is desired & appreciated. Thanks

well healthcare system in the phillipines SUCKS!!! i dont advice you to get one...
glen_1965

Glen,

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with Insurance conditions in the Pinas. However, I don't think you will be pleased with what you experience in Libya either -- which you expressed an interest to go.

I have communicated with several expats via e-mail about Insurance in the Philippines and have gained a lot of helpful info. and some good recommendations.

From the sounds of politics currently in this country, many will also be unhappy with Insurance conditions in the USA in the very near future.

The Philippines is sounding better every day & Paying cash for services rendered is always the best way to go to hold prices down. Easy medical Insurance in this country is how things got out of hand to begin with!

Hi anglo boy,
I am an expat from Holland and I live here in manila region.
I also wanted to have some health insurance. I ended up wioth PhilHealth, cost me 100 pesos a month. Coverage is not much, but you do not have to prepare your wallet when entering a hospital. For more expensive sicknesses I have a savings.
I think this is better than paying every month a few hundred dolars. Put that money in your savings and it will stay YOURS.

Jan,
   Thanks for the information. The Philhealth price is very fair for any coverage.
I have also had favorable comments about Maxicare & Blue Cross Philippines as being reliable and fair companies.
   I will also inquire into Philhealth.

Dank u wel,
Anglo boy,Lonnie