Friends! Looking for cool people to hang out with asap ;)

Hi there!

My name is Donna and I just moved from California (San Francisco area) to Saigon this week. I will be living out here until November of this year. This is quite a transition and adjustment for me and I'm looking to meet people who wanna hang out, grab coffee, drinks, anything social.

A little bit about myself, I'm in my early 30's, married and have an adorable 4 year old. I came out here because my hubby is a grad student at UC Berkeley  on a Fulbright scholarship and is doing his dissertation research out here. I am interested in art, photography, music, exploring. I have a degree in radio, tv and film.

I'm very outgoing and enjoy being around people, so its a bit hard being isolated out here. I currently have plenty of free time and not much to do with it. I live in District 2. Anyone in the same situation or have a lot of free time and wanna hang out, day or night?
Message me :)

Welcome to Expat.com Donna!

Thanks for this nice intro.;)

Harmonie.

hi Dona!
my name Sang, 29 years old male.
I'm a Sai Gon citizen. My job is not so hard this time so i have a little free time, maybe, for 3 months or more
I love hanging out for coffee and some drinks and i went to bar some time at the end of the month
Contact me at my yahoo messenger sangpham_30 or my mail [email protected] if you have the same hobbies
Hope to hear from you
Dear! M.Sang

Hi Donna,

My name is Tom and I also from California( Los Angeles area). I am glad to meet someone in the same region. Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City! I have beeen here about a year now. If you like to join me for coffee or lunch on the weekend,it will be my pleasure. My email address is [email protected]   Tom

Hi Donna, seeing as you live in D2 have you been to Snap cafe there yet? Lots of expats with young kids hang out there, could be a good place o meet some new friends with similar interests etc :)

Hey Donna,

Oooh, a Californian!  I am Howie, from HB, down in Orange County.  I went to UC Irvine and USC.  I have been out here a little over three years.  I live about 100 miles south of Saigon.  If you guys have a chance to come this way, don't forget to hit me up.  I would love to meet all of you.  Or, when I go to Saigon, I will definitely let you know.

BTW, what is your hubby's name, and what is the topic of his research?  I used to do a few of those myself.  Hey, if it is interesting, I might want to join.  I will PM you my personal info later.

Until then, welcome to Vietnam.

Howie

Thanks for the responses and tips! I've been trying to go out and meet up with expats to learn more about the city and meet new friends. So far so good. Any other suggestions or ideas are welcome!