Old computers/laptops

Hi

During the past few weeks I have seen postings on another network site about people who are looking to find computers/laptops for their gardener's child, or a poor family with whom they have contact.

I imagine that individuals tend to want to sell their old laptops but the postings made me wonder what actually happens to the computers/laptops that companies no longer want. Do they end up in the landfill site, or are they donated to individuals/local schools?

I'd be grateful if anyone reading this, who works for a company, would  reply to this posting.
Thanks.

They're usually marked as scrap:donations,staff buy them etc

Hi Kirinyaga

I posted on a local site when someone offered to give their old laptop away.

I was not lucky that time, keeping my eye out for one for my gardeners son, as he is doing really well at school and has won a few awards for his work.

He would love a laptop to enable more access to information.

I have written to a few large Companies in Mauritius asking what they do with their "old" ones but as yet no one has replied.

I did find out that some Companies sell them for scrap - which is such a pity as to me it would be better to donate them to local schools.
Kind regards :)

If someone wants to sell their used PC tower at below Rs.10 000 with a decent 2 Ghz processor i am interested because i get a new one at Jacey for around +Rs.10 000

Well, if there are geeks around who'd be interested in a dead HP laptop with a hard disk and video card to be replaced, I'll gladly give it away. Can't throw it away, just can't...

Zoubia wrote:

Well, if there are geeks around who'd be interested in a dead HP laptop with a hard disk and video card to be replaced, I'll gladly give it away. Can't throw it away, just can't...

Like :)

Rosiewestie wrote:

Hi Kirinyaga

I posted on a local site when someone offered to give their old laptop away.

I was not lucky that time, keeping my eye out for one for my gardeners son, as he is doing really well at school and has won a few awards for his work.

He would love a laptop to enable more access to information.

I have written to a few large Companies in Mauritius asking what they do with their "old" ones but as yet no one has replied.

I did find out that some Companies sell them for scrap - which is such a pity as to me it would be better to donate them to local schools.
Kind regards :)

Hi Rosiewestie,

I hope you eventually find a company that is able to help you. If  I hear of anything I will let you know.

:)

Zoubia wrote:

Hi Zoubia,
I know what you mean because I couldn't just throw it away either.

Hi Rosiewestie,

I hope you eventually find a company that is able to help you. If  I hear of anything I will let you know.

Thats very kind of you - thank you :)

Rosiewestie,

I have sent you a private message.

Apologies for jumping in on this thread but I work in a school for disabled children and we are always on the lookout for computers, laptops, etc, working or not (I am technical and so able to re-use bits) for use in the school or for donation to our poorer students.

If anyone does come across anything like this, please get in touch, anything is welcome.

Thanks.

Jaden,

I have sent you a private message.

Hi Jaden and Rosiewestie

If you go on to www.missionverte.com and take a look at the section called Providers,you will find a contact for recycling/dismantling computers.
You never know.............. :)

Hi, I read this paper and I have an used Apple notebook want to sell.

MacBook Pro MB881CH/A
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Core2 Duo(Penryn) P7350
HD 120G
13" Screen
Memory: 2G
Motherboard: Integration

If interesting, contact with me by Email: [email protected] better,
Or Mob:2569818.
Regards.

Linba,

This thread isn't about buying or selling anything. The thread is to do with donations and recycling. I suggest you put your computer in the advertising section of this website.

Sorry , Thanks.

[Moderated: please post in the classifieds]

I have a cpu to sell, contact me if you are interested?!

@ yasdaw > This thread is very old ( 2012 ) and is no longer relevant, i invite you to post an ad in the Buy and sell computers, laptops in Mauritius section.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers: