Hang out in Austria!

Hey guys,

I gotta go to Vienna for few weeks job. I've been to USA, but never been to Europe. I do have cousins in Germany who will take me around there. But I do not know anyone in Vienna.

So gimme some advice :)....

What is the fun to do in Vienna?
What are the places to see in Austria?
Do people know English?
How do I travel around?

Wish I knew someone before going there! But yeah, meeting strangers can be creepy I guess ;)

Bye

How is the night life in Vienna? Are there are any trekking places?

Thanks

Hello Johhnybbrravo.

alot of people can understand English here even if they can't speak it, so you should get by.  There are alot of bars everywhere that are open every night on weekdays and most on weekends for the nightlife.

Best to travel on the subway.  every stop near the center will have shops and bars close by.  You could walk along the Danube if you want an easy thing to do without going to far out of town. 

Memphis

Thanks, got 2 weekends to spend in Vienna in April :), let me see how it goes...

some of the the typical places to see in vienna would be the cathedral in stephansplatz (stephansdom), schönbrunn palace, MQ, heldenplatz, rathaus (that's where the parliament is).

you can hang around in burggarten or sigmund freud park, if the weather is nice.

enjoy!

i am not your freud wrote:

some of the the typical places to see in vienna would be the cathedral in stephansplatz (stephansdom), schönbrunn palace, MQ, heldenplatz, rathaus (that's where the parliament is).

you can hang around in burggarten or sigmund freud park, if the weather is nice.

enjoy!

I'm curious, what means 'I am not your freud' ???