Hi! Looking for expat friends :)

Hey there everyone! Just registered!

I'm from Saudi, Riyadh.

I'm 24 and I'm very interested in making new friends with expats who either need help with getting around, or just want to hang out.

I love learning about other cultures, so don't hesitate to contact me if you want to be my friend!

I speak English well, and I obviously speak Arabic too! ;)

Welcome to expatblog... :):):)

welcome to the blog :)

Thanks guys.

Also, I would like to welcome everyone who just landed in Riyadh yesterday and were greeted with an amazing blast of sand. Don't worry, you'll survive worse!

Just kidding. We don't get many sand storms here, but when we do, it ***** lol. My room was foggy yesterday and I was literally breathing sand.

How was it for you guys?

Saudi Guy wrote:

Thanks guys.

Also, I would like to welcome everyone who just landed in Riyadh yesterday and were greeted with an amazing blast of sand. Don't worry, you'll survive worse!

Just kidding. We don't get many sand storms here, but when we do, it sucks lol. My room was foggy yesterday and I was literally breathing sand.

How was it for you guys?

The sand storms in Riyadh are usually in the spring and don't happen often.  The amazing thing is that ... everything outside looks ORANGE.  I don't know what I expected--sand swirling around and obstructing vision?--but instead, it's just .. ORANGE!

BTW, I was out yesterday afternoon and there was no sand.

Alliecat wrote:

The sand storms in Riyadh are usually in the spring and don't happen often.  The amazing thing is that ... everything outside looks ORANGE.  I don't know what I expected--sand swirling around and obstructing vision?--but instead, it's just .. ORANGE!

BTW, I was out yesterday afternoon and there was no sand.

Lol. We tend to measure the severity of the storm by the 'orangeness' of the storm. It really happens so fast sometimes that you don't realize it until it's too late. This footage was taken from Kingdom tower. A bit old (2009), but that was one of the more intense storms. It's almost like a piece of cloud descended from the sky.

Riyadh Sand Storm

I've seen pics of that before!  It happened just before I got here--I am strangely disappointed that I missed it lol

Alliecat wrote:

I've seen pics of that before!  It happened just before I got here--I am strangely disappointed that I missed it lol

It's not as pretty as it seems from the tower when you're INSIDE the storm lol.. Allah have mercy on those with asthma or breathing problems. You can't even get to the hospital for oxygen because traffic is blind.

Had my car air blasted today before I left for work. Funny thing is, I had it washed yesterday. This always happens to me, be it sand or rain. And we get NEITHER of those frequently. I can't keep my car clean. :(

Best color to hide dirt/sand is silver :)

In China, the people use very large what we'd call 'dust-mops' in the States and 'dust' their cars every morning lol  The pollution there is horrendous-- much worse than the occasional sand storm here, because it never goes away :(

Alliecat wrote:

Best color to hide dirt/sand is silver :)

My car is almost black in color. Very dark color; what we call in Arabic Feerani (root word is Far, i.e rat/mouse). Dark grey basically. lol.. so I've always struggled with dust, dirt, etc.

Alliecat wrote:

In China, the people use very large what we'd call 'dust-mops' in the States and 'dust' their cars every morning lol  The pollution there is horrendous-- much worse than the occasional sand storm here, because it never goes away :(

No wonder. They have a lot of factories and I can imagine how that took its toll on their environment.

Hey look! I found you a first person view of an orange experience. Very scary. Orangeness

Is it too late to welcome you?! Maybe not.

So dusty conversation eh. :)

thegeekride wrote:

Is it too late to welcome you?! Maybe not.

So dusty conversation eh. :)

Nope! Never too late!

Thanks for the reply :)

See how fast I am?!

welcome
and do u have a pic of the large dust mop thing, that would be so useful in saudi...hate a dirty car :p

imraan007 wrote:

welcome
and do u have a pic of the large dust mop thing, that would be so useful in saudi...hate a dirty car :p

Doubt it would be effective against our dust. You see, Saudi dust is special.. ;)

lol...yeh so special

Hi Saudi guy,

Welcome to epatblog.

I believe u ll make some nice friends here.

If you want to know about Turkish culture, let me know and pm me.

Thanks,

U

imraan007 wrote:

welcome

They basically look like this:

http://sell.lulusoso.com/upload/20111013/China_Jienuo_Auto_Car_Duster_with_Long.jpg

Oh and this ISN'T advertising :lol:

looks easy enough thanks

Umut_teacher wrote:

Hi Saudi guy,

Welcome to epatblog.

I believe u ll make some nice friends here.

If you want to know about Turkish culture, let me know and pm me.

Thanks,

U

Hey there!

Thanks for having me. Won't hesitate to get in touch with you for information about Turkey. Definitely!

Cheers

Had to laugh at lulusoso.com LOL

what's with lulusoso.com?

thegeekride wrote:

what's with lulusoso.com?

Dunno. Made me laugh at the time. I'm pretty weird.

Yellow! Saudi guy, I thought it would be nice to bring more colors in the conversation other than orange ;)

Welcome to the blog. I am mostly a reader and i barely post here but I keep visiting regularly to learn new things. it's nice.

So yeah, don't hesitate to drop a hi. It's good to see local people on the blog welcoming expats. :)

Ssuperman wrote:

Yellow! Saudi guy, I thought it would be nice to bring more colors in the conversation other than orange ;)

Welcome to the blog. I am mostly a reader and i barely post here but I keep visiting regularly to learn new things. it's nice.

So yeah, don't hesitate to drop a hi. It's good to see local people on the blog welcoming expats. :)

Thanks. I feel welcomed already. It's nice to see things from other perspectives. Are you Saudi?

By the way, I am a big Michael Scott fan myself.

Saudi Guy wrote:
Ssuperman wrote:

Thanks. I feel welcomed already. It's nice to see things from other perspectives. Are you Saudi?

No, I am not a Saudi but I was born and raised here.

Ssuperman wrote:
Saudi Guy wrote:
Ssuperman wrote:

No, I am not a Saudi but I was born and raised here.

Interesting. We should hang out some time if you're in Riyadh.

Yeah... maybe you can hold pinkie fingers or something.

:lol:

Okay, Okay, I'm sorry! Was just joking :P

Alliecat wrote:

Only after a romantic dinner.

Saudi Guy wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Only after a romantic dinner.

LMAO!  Great retort!!

Conclusion: Never welcome a Saudi guy on this forum

Bad idea :P

JK

i thought it was a good comeback :p

Ssuperman wrote:

Bad idea :P

JK

True story! LOL!

Ssuperman wrote:

Bad idea

JK
True story! LOL!

That's quiet a blow to Saudi Guy :)

Could be true.

"Beware of Saudis. . .  They will hold your hand."

or blow up something...just kidding
u guys are great

Saudi Guy wrote:

Except if you're a woman :P:lol:

lol...so much pressure...first the pinkie and now the hand...u guys move so quick...so much rules "only after a romantic dinner" what if the dinner is not romantic...anyways i will wait for saudi guys come back.

Alliecat wrote:
Saudi Guy wrote:

Except if you're a woman :P:lol:

HAHAHHAHA!