Moving to Beijing in March!!

Hi All!!,

I come from London and moving to Beijing in March...slightly nervous for my first ever trip there!!
I would really appreciate any advice on meeting new people!.

Kind Regards
Sarah x

Welcome to Expat.com Sarah!;)

Harmonie.

We'd love to speak English with foreigners. Just talk to any young people and you'll be always welcome.

learn chinese and try to speak it as much as possible, even a quick trip down to the shop will be helpful to practise your chinese. If all else fails i think most of Beijing city speaks english. Also try not to get trapped by the overly expensive clothes in some markets, they like you to bater with them. Most chinese people are friendly too so you should'nt have any trouble or be nervous :)

Sarah hi

no need to be worried.

Beijing is a friendly city though most people do not speak English.

Collect business cards from places that you like and want to revisit (to show taxi drivers), buy a taxi book (same idea as biz cards but someone has done the work for you), use Mobile Native for directions http://www.mobilenative.com

Meeting people is easy.

Once you arrive contact me I organise get-togethers nearly every Tuesday

welcome

Hi Sarah,

I am from the Uk too & have been in China since Sept 2009 & Beijing since May 2011, if you'd like to meet for coffee sometime inbox me. Do you know which area you'll be located in, as Beijing is a very big city :)

Best Wishes,
Rachel.

Welcome Sarah, I am also new here in Beijing, one month to be exact. Hope you'll enjoy your stay!

Sarah hi

March is drawing to a close, have you arrived?

Manlin wrote:

Sarah hi

March is drawing to a close, have you arrived?

Hi Yes i have arrived safe, i am enjoying beijing so far and the weather is great!, when is the next meeting?
Thank u

Sarah

yes..the next meeting?:)

Next meeting is on Tuesday 3 April from 7:30pm (during Qingming Jie) in the RC Bar, 2nd Floor of the Ritz- Carlton.  Nearest subway is DaWang Lu.

Entrance fee 90RMB - includes one free drink, canapes, and Lucky Draw.

Email me if you need a map or directions in Chinese (to show a taxi driver)

Sarah! You would be up for a Beijing's club party?

and the next meeting is on Tuesday

No worries Sarah.
We are here to help.
I came from London last Oct and I have loads of friends already.