New to Jubail

Hi there,

I'm moving to KSA to work in Jubail in a couple of months. If all goes well, my family (wife and daughter) will join me after a year.

I have gathered some information on the internet on living and working in the KSA. We are very openminded and hope we can get along and integrate well there.

Maybe the compound will be outside Jubail, as i read that western compounds in Jubail are nearly all full. Maybe Khobar is an option.
Is there much traffic between Jubail and Khobar ? Are the compounds in Jubail nice ?

We are now legally living together in Belgium, but not married. Do we need to marry in Belgium before my wife comes along to KSA ? I guess her name will have to appear in my Iqma ?

Is Jubail or Khobar western minded ? Or should my wife wear a abaya and head cover outside the compound ? We don't see this as an issue, but we prefer to be prepared.

Thanks !

Dear Fuzzynights

first of all welcome aboard and we glad to have you in the forum and in our country as well.

(Maybe the compound will be outside Jubail, as i read that western compounds in Jubail are nearly all full. Maybe Khobar is an option.
Is there much traffic between Jubail and Khobar ? Are the compounds in Jubail nice ?)

the distance between Khobar-Jubail is like 80 KM and it goes traffic sometimes in the morning.

if you want my openion, you could take an apartment in Jubail industrial City, it's pretty quite and decent city, as long as you will be alone in the first time, so you can search in western compounds in  Jubail or Khobar before you get your family.

(We are now legally living together in Belgium, but not married. Do we need to marry in Belgium before my wife comes along to KSA ? I guess her name will have to appear in my Iqma ?)
yes  you have to marry in Belgium,

to bring your wife to KSA, you must be in married status.

regardless you married infact or not.

(Is Jubail or Khobar western minded ? Or should my wife wear a abaya and head cover outside the compound ? We don't see this as an issue, but we prefer to be prepared.)

Jubail & Khobar consider as Eastern Area ( in Saudi Arabia i mean)

the Eastern Area are the most open minded in the country, most of people are speaking English and are nice people.

but wearing Abaya is must outside compounds at any where in puplic places in Saudi Arabia.

but no need to cover the Head or Hair at all, just Abaya enough to cover the body, nothing more.

at last

feel free to ask whenever you need any assistance bro.

Thanks for the information !

Will get back to this :)