Hairdressers in Brussels

Hi I'm Nives and I'm from Slovenia. Me and my familly we'd like to move to Brussels in September this year.

I'm hairdresser and my man also. We have son 5 year old now. This year in december will be 6 and he'll strat with primary school.

Can you help me with few questions please?
1. What is average payment for hairdressers in Brussels?
2. What about primary school for son? He don't speak english...He's not shy boy.. Is there some national public school in Englis language?

Thank you :))

I can't help you with the hairdressing salary question but I can tell you that there are no local public schools in English in Belgium, as English is not an official language of the country. There are a few French system immersion schools with some or all curriculum in English, only a few dozen, but they are for French first language speakers and there are none in Brussels, only outside the capital.

Hi... I send inquiry to Tony&Guy. We will se. In june I'm going to visit Brussels.

On web I found INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF BRUSSELS. It's in the part of city with post code 1170? They have very mixed grades with 70 nationalites. Is also there program in French or Deutch?
My son will be 6 in this december...

ISB costs up to 30k per year, do you have enough income to pay or someone who will pay for cost? ISB has French lessons but they in no way will make a child bilingual.

Only 2 schools in Brussels have a really decent bilingual programme of French / English in the private school system, BSB in Tervuren which costs up to 27k per year and Lycee Francais in Uccle (French nationals priority, waiting list enormous apparently. There is also BICS at 7k Fr-Eng and Acacia Fr-Eng and Fr-Nld 6k but not quite the same standards at former 2 schools.

i have posted already a full map of international schools in the Brussels area, take a look in previous posts.

I have a feeling Tony and Guy might oblige even well experienced hairdressers to undergo their tony and guy training courses which are not exactly cheap. You might be better off setting yourself up as self employed.