Where to start?

We are near retirement and thinking about living in a beautiful place that has good healthcare; clean, quiet and furnished rental apartments or condos; good food and coffee; food and water safe to eat/drink; no car; REAL information other the hype that realtors try to sell us or money-making blogs/newsletters. We are trying to find an online community that presents both the good and bad aspects of where to live in Ecuador. ILL and other mega sites give only the positive sell and real estate deals. That is NOT what we want to know. We are interested in learning the real stories of potentially retiring to Cotacachi, Otavalo, Cuenca, Vilacamba, beach villages, or other places people recommend, but near enough to a hospital and airport. We live in quiet rural mountains with beautiful views and quiet all around. We would like some of this but at an affordable price and walking distance to to shops, outdoor markets, and safe-to-eat restaurants. We want safe living, to learn the language, and a life better than the one we already have known. We would like to know which airport to fly into, if there is a travel route from a target airport that is best to check out the places we are interested in, find people to give advice and answer questions by email, and to get an idea of where we want to go before paying for the expense to explore Ecuador before landing arriiving. Mainly, we want people to write to who can answer our questions about particular places/villages/small cities, etc. We want the reality version and to know what the real expenses are. For a full look at Ecuador, which airport should we start at and which direction should we travel from airports (Quito? Guayaquil? Cuenca?)? We do not want jungle areas, large noisy cities, or smaller villages who do not like foreigners. We try to fit in with new cultures and learn the ropes. We also need contact information. I hope this gives an idea of what we are looking to find and someone who is willing to answer our questions. At this point, we are interested in Cotacachi because it is near enough to Quito, yet small enough to be tranquil and interesting.
Thanks for any responses we can get.

Hi, Nancy,
if your heart is close to Cotacachi, I can't help you. If you are flexible, we just moved to Cuenca and I'll be happy to share our journey up to now.
[email protected]