Exit visa

I have been reading alot of negativity about leaving Qatar, is it really difficult to get exit visa when you want to leave,
my partner is working in Kuwait and therefore i will want to visit quite frequently but fear this may be a problem.
can anyone advise

whenever u want to travel u need an exit permit, which ur company (sponser) gives u each time u want to travel which is sucks....and they have track of, when u go out of the country and when u come back....anyway u only need to let person incharge(usual its imigration officer) know (1 or 2 days before) so he can issue the EP.

Welcome to hell Angel72 lol ;)

Im a GCC resident to I don't need an exit permit, non-GCC residents needs one. All you have to do is contact your immigration officer at work (it's better 1 week before your travel date) and ask him for an exit permit (after the approval of your HR)

@angel72 exit permit depends totally on your employer/sponsor. If they are nice they won't mind. If they are not they can simply refuse issuing you the exit permit. In my company they are nice so you just apply for annual leave and ask them for an exit permit and they take care of it in 2 or 3 working days. This is how it is here: everything depends on how nice your sponsor is.

@Mrayes you mean you are a GCC "national" not resident. Us expats are the residents :)

thanks for the advice

mabdelrahman,

The only difference between the GCC nationals & expats is the Visas, all other procedures apply to all of us when it comes to work (labor department)

You can ask for a permanent exit visa...

I have this type of visa and i can leave when I went the country.. idem for my wife and my daughter... It depends of your sponsor... I just ask for it and they accept.

Take care!