Weekend plans

Hello,

Any cool plans for weekend? activities, going out....

no plans yet. how about others :proud

I look forward to lot of fun on this weekend.

Thursday: The housekeeper will visit to clean everything up. Then is a family get-together in an Istirahah.
Friday: Early morning breakfast at a picnic spot (Wadi Laban) followed by an afternoon BBQ.

:proud:proud:proud

GTF - Gym, Tan, Finding something to do.

@TheLegendLeads:one Good.

u guys are chilling eh!

Desert trip

was on desert trip 2 weeks ago, best time ever
where is wadi laban?
i think im gonna head over to bahrain

imraan007 wrote:

was on desert trip 2 weeks ago, best time ever
where is wadi laban?
i think im gonna head over to bahrain

Be careful... all hell is breaking loose in Bahrain again.

Really...wow...my luck I got to stamp my passport thx for the update

what more ppl can do only go to deserts or istiraha.in Riyadh.::lol: come to Jeddah n hang around all the resorts n cobones:P
:top:

Adnin wrote:

what more ppl can do only go to deserts or istiraha.in Riyadh.::lol: come to Jeddah n hang around all the resorts n cobones:P
:top:

True.  Riyadh sucks! :mad:

:lol:
to tell u Jeddah sucks too:dumbom:
but we have learned how to adjust here:nothappy:

:dumbom:   but atleast u find a lot of places here to hangout and meet :cheers:

Adnin wrote:

:dumbom:   but atleast u find a lot of places here to hangout and meet :cheers:

here where?  You mean Jeddah?

Oh and BTW, what is a cobone?

yeah in Jeddah i mean.. cobone is nt a english word may b they call it cobone here.. they are small huts or resort they u get them rented where u can enjoy n obviously they are with the beach.. infact u can get acccess to private beaches here.. ppl hire them for week too.. but u need to pay for that
in arabic they say kabayeen...

but if  u are looking to pay some less money so u can easily get a jet skie n have fun around the UBHAR beach  u can drive it but if u want to sit in a jetboat which runs so fast so u need to just sit n the driver will drive it.. well even girls do drive jetskie its common here in Jeddah. families do come here too..

Flying to Al Jouf to photograph the forts and standing stones.

What's happening in Bahrain? I have a business trip there on Saturday (Feb 4th).  Anything I need to watch out for?

etaylor58 wrote:

What's happening in Bahrain? I have a business trip there on Saturday (Feb 4th).  Anything I need to watch out for?

There was a lot of rioting the early part of this week.  Be careful.

Thanks for the update, I was unaware of it. Haven't seen anything in the news about it.

Eldon

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-0 … -says.htmlhttp://www.sfexaminer.com/news/2012/01/ … ain-unresthttp://www.therepublic.com/view/story/b … --Bahrain/

I guess thats what I get for watching CNN....LOL

etaylor58 wrote:

I guess thats what I get for watching CNN....LOL

Good God!  Never watch American TV for accurate news on the Middle East!!

If you go to the Yahoo ME interface, you can get an idea of what's happening locally.

http://en-maktoob.yahoo.com/

Thanks Alliecat.  By the way, what is the Hyper Panda and the Danube?  Are they shopping malls?  I am taking the compund bus there tonight to get a look around and get away from the apartment for a while.

Eldon

etaylor58 wrote:

Thanks Alliecat.  By the way, what is the Hyper Panda and the Danube?  Are they shopping malls?  I am taking the compund bus there tonight to get a look around and get away from the apartment for a while.

Eldon

They are food stores but they sell other things like bedding, appliances, etc.

I personally like Danube (it's not pronounced like the river in Germany lol .. rather it's da-NOOB).

For more western variety, go to Tamini (ME branch of Safeway) and esp. LuLu (I LOVE Lulu!).

Oh, and PS .. don't buy the local beef. It has an 'after-taste' that you probably won't like.  I know I sure don't like it!  You can buy American beef but it costs a small fortune.  Brazilian beef is okay, better than local, anyway.  At Lulu, they have beef from Aus. and NZ that's a lot cheaper than American and is quite good!

Happy shopping :)

Thanks again for the info Alliecat, much appreciated

Eldon

Lets meet up in LuLu :blink::dumbom:

wilson_derry wrote:

Cool idea!  We could all give each other the secret expat-blog signal as we pass in the aisles!

Alliecat wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

Cool idea!  We could all give each other the secret expat-blog signal as we pass in the aisles!

I have a better idea ! we need to talk to julien. :blink:

wilson_derry wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

I have a better idea ! we need to talk to julien. :blink:

What do you mean 'we' ??  :dumbom:

to Union Expat.comgers :cheers:

Just got back from Bahrain the main areas had some police presence but it was quiet. Passport control was crazy. I had fun

imraan007 wrote:

Just got back from Bahrain the main areas had some police presence but it was quiet. Passport control was crazy. I had fun

Thats good to hear.  I've got to go there tomorrow for a few hours on a "Business Trip."  Wish I could stay longer and check it out but I've got turn around and come right back. Fly in and fly out...oh joy.

Eldon

work work work.lol. the place seems nice enough to tour. it would be great if u could just check it out a bit. its amazing to see the mix of arab culture with some western customs. kept staring at the women driving and smoking...lol. guess i have been in saudi too too long, lol.