International school and housing

Hi

I am indian national and staying in singapore from last 14 years.
I have two daughter 12(SEC1) and 9 years(Primary 4) currently studying in singapore local school. my hubby is moving for KL for 2years.

Which school / international school is good (in KL) for my daughters OR should i continue to stay in singapore for my
childrens study and husband be in KL..

Which area or condos is good in KL for indian family..

Hello sushma and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to browse through the forum, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

Hi what a big question with so little info! Some things to consider

OK in general many would argue Singapore schools are better (I have no idea if this is true). Certainly some think this. However I know expats that prefer KL schools to most other Asian countries international schools

There are longish waiting lists for schools in KL so finding a place is not so easy

There is an Indian expat school in Brickfields where you may end up living

Where will you live?
Will you have a car?
Costs? are these met by employer?
Effect on children of a move? older one is especially difficult educationally. Primary child will miss friends.

Flights to Singapore are cheap - I used to work with lots of Singaporeans who commuted and went home weekends!

ELC is known as a good school. One of my sons went there. The community of Valencia is a gated and guarded community that is about a 2 minute drive from ELC. It has a golf course and all of the other amenities. It is a low density living area with easy access to the major roads.  It consists of houses only and does not have any high rise buildings at all. I have a home up for rent in Valencia which has 4 bedrooms all with their own bathrooms. Each bathroom has its own shower. The house is very close to the pool and clubhouse. I am not a real estate agent. My wife and I own the house.
It has been our experience that expats who first move to KL often go to high rise condo areas. After some time, when they have experience with living in KL, they look for places like Valencia. Of course it really depends on what you like.