In need of a job ?

I am a Pakistani living in KL for about an year now. I have been seeking for jobs for quite sometime now  but unable to find one. I was hoping if anyone could direct me as to how can i apply for jobs here in KL.  I did my majors in Economics and Finance and i have done one internship and few free lance work. I don't have enough experience but i can assure that  i am really dedicated and hardworking when it comes to professionalism. I am seeking for any job related to finance, management, PR, Admin or anything that is related to my field. If there is something off my field i will consider it too.

Please help me find a job and if further you want to know about me please don't hesitate to inbox me here.

Thanking you

Regards,
Hareem

Hi,

I'm currently working for Symphony, it's quite big company doing outsource. As i heard from my HR, they're in need of quite a number of foreigner speaker, you can try to check on that. Go jobstreet and search for Symphony :)

It might not related to your major, but it worth a try!!

oh that would be great. t thanks a lot for your help. :)

Hi sorry to hear of your lng struggle. However, to find work legally in Malaysia you generally need to be over 27 and have skills and experience Malaysians don't have. From what you wrote/profile you are 24 and have no real experience or skills.There are loads of graduates in Malaysia in Finance/accounting etc. Jobs you could go for are basically lower level "executive" (in Malaysia that means admin) jobs that you will never get a work permit for.

The only chance you could have is if a Pakistani company needs someone fluent in Urdu plus say English. Companies can then get WPs based on language skills (obviously speaking Malay is an advantage). The age barrier is still a problem but some companies get round them (guess how - but that pushes up your cost of employment) and some areas like ICT have lower age limits like 22 for Cyberjaya ICT jobs. Embassies also have more flexibility - you could try yours?

Good luck

thanks a lot for the help... il surely look in to it :)

I agree with Nemodot, but giving a try wont harm you, right? Just find your luck reemz, there are a lot of available jobs here in KL. good luck.

being working in Symphony is my dream.i had an interview there in Symphony house around 8 months back, i was a fresher, but they lost interest when they knew that i'm not good at java. i have been trained and chose to follow the .NET path.now i have 8 months work experice,i'm planning to contact the HR who interviewed me...

Hi I'm a single South African male who has family in KL and would like to get a job there. I have being in the IT industry for over 20 years and also qualified as an aircraft technician in the 80's
I'm 48 years old.

Any advise?

irshu wrote:

being working in Symphony is my dream.i had an interview there in Symphony house around 8 months back, i was a fresher, but they lost interest when they knew that i'm not good at java. i have been trained and chose to follow the .NET path.now i have 8 months work experice,i'm planning to contact the HR who interviewed me...

Seems like lots of demand for Java... I have 12 years of Java experience :)

usmannaeem wrote:
irshu wrote:

well, even microsoft.net have lot of demand.its just that the company i preferred unfortunately preferred java.i'm a lot out of luck so lately...:((

irshu wrote:
usmannaeem wrote:
irshu wrote:

well, even microsoft.net have lot of demand.its just that the company i preferred unfortunately preferred java.i'm a lot out of luck so lately...:((

Unfortunately .NOT does not cover much of the domains now (not much work on the web or mobile development as compared to some others like PHP or Java). But good news is that now you can use it (in combination of other tools) for iPhone development. Having experience in iPhone or Android development is a big advantage now. Get expertise in iPhone development using .NET. I will suggest you to also learning Objective C, it will not be difficult for you as you already know .NET.

one suggestion: read this, maybe you are knocking on the wrong door.
paulgraham.com/love.html

usmannaeem wrote:
irshu wrote:
usmannaeem wrote:

Unfortunately .NOT does not cover much of the domains now (not much work on the web or mobile development as compared to some others like PHP or Java). But good news is that now you can use it (in combination of other tools) for iPhone development. Having experience in iPhone or Android development is a big advantage now. Get expertise in iPhone development using .NET. I will suggest you to also learning Objective C, it will not be difficult for you as you already know .NET.

yes, i do agree with you. Rise of iOS and Android has made a lots of demand for those who knows java,objective c and javascript. but as of now i'm not really intends  to follow it since i have still a lot of catchup to do in .NET itself. thats one problem with .NET. if we dont follow it for a while, then its going to take months to catch up with the new technology.microsoft has now introduced ASP.NET MVC,i dont know what will happen to ASP.NET, may b will endup like the classic ASP. although still i prefer .NET path.

a new interview is coming up for me next week, i hope it goes well...:))