Working as a foreign doctor in Riyadh

I would like to ask if anybody knows in the forum about the work conditions in hospitals, working hours, shifts, salaries etc.
I have recently proposed to work there as a consultant radiologist in one a hospital of dr sulaiman al habib medical group.
Is there anybody working there?
they provide their own facilities for accomodation near the hospitals or not/
They offer good salary, accomodation etc.
In the accomodation (i suppose that they pay the rent or they have their own facilities) how you pay electricity,water,phone,sattelite tv,internet access? you make a contract with the companies by youself?
When they pay for first time after you sign your contract?
Probably i'll have more questions but these are for the moment.
thanks in advance

You are probably best talking to them about this. Salary in Saudi often they will have a bracket for job titles, but then you nationality may dictate a rise or fall as well as your worth and what you can take to companies. You need to ask them that question of how much surely thats the first thing you ask??? Same with hours no doubt you already do or have done the same job so you know roughly what you need or expect,

Living expenses also you need to go to them. My husbands contract has house included no extras. I'm pretty sure the hospitals provide for you as well but ask them. Contracts nearly always vary so the most sensible thing to do is get all your info like any normal job and then you can see for yourself if it is visable or not. Although if anybody does work for them they can tell you if it is nice or not they cant tell you what you get paid or have to work ...

Also most people I have met have worked a month like most jobs. Although you can sometimes get a cash advance for living expenses.

Louise has given you good advice but I'd like to add that you need to have access to enough savings so that you can afford to go several months without pay, if it comes to that.  Your employer won't pay you until you have an igama--because you need an igama to open a bank account and they do a 'direct deposit' of your salary into your account.

That said, sometimes it's no problem.  Some people get their igamas in a couple weeks; for others, for unknown reasons, it can take months!!

Good luck!

But also you may be able to get paid into UK account at first, my husband has been doing this for the last 3/4months did the same the last time he worked there aswell for like a month or two. He has his iqama they are just too lazy to sort their life out and change his account.

Louise.Welge wrote:

But also you may be able to get paid into UK account at first, my husband has been doing this for the last 3/4months did the same the last time he worked there aswell for like a month or two. He has his iqama they are just too lazy to sort their life out and change his account.

this is clever i'll keep it in mind

i was searching for a post about working in suliman elhabib as a consultant since awhile, i would like to ask u, what is the salary offered u as a consultant, as i must fill an application, which they ask for the expected salary to take, and i dont know anything about salaries in saudi and the packages they offer, and i am afraid to say small amount of money, and they said ok, thats what we will give u!!!
i will appreciate ur help

adfd2006 wrote:

i was searching for a post about working in suliman elhabib as a consultant since awhile, i would like to ask u, what is the salary offered u as a consultant

If I were in your shoes the way I would answer this question is to look at what you are making now - hourly, weekly, or monthly.  Then think of what it will be worth to you to move to Saudi Arabia.  Each person has their own method to the madness.

houstonian wrote:
adfd2006 wrote:

i was searching for a post about working in suliman elhabib as a consultant since awhile, i would like to ask u, what is the salary offered u as a consultant

If I were in your shoes the way I would answer this question is to look at what you are making now - hourly, weekly, or monthly.  Then think of what it will be worth to you to move to Saudi Arabia.  Each person has their own method to the madness.

I completely agree with houstonian. It will all depend on you. What will be good for me, Might not be good for you. So the best answer is do your homework and take a call !!

Good Luck

I am looking to work in Riyadh as a doctor. I have been in touch with a few recruiters and it looks promising.

I M not sure if it is worth moving. How much does a consultant with western qualifications and 10 years experience make? Is it safe? How's the work atmosphere and ethics?

Any other advice is gratefully received  :)

Thank u

Hi doc,

It is certainly safe and with your experience you should be able to get a good remuneration package. As for atmosphere and ethics. There are no work ethics here or any sort of professionalism in any line of business. Say goodbye to career progression. This place is only as good as making your retirement plans (401).

br,