DSLR cameras, where to buy?

Looking for DSLR cameras new or 2nd hand. Anyone or anywhere selling?

Hi bryanlam!

Maybe you should be posting an advert in the Buy & Sell section of Vietnam classifieds.
It could help!

Regards
Armand

Thanks Armand, I'll do that.

Nikon and Sony have authorised dealers in VietNam who can issue worldwide warranties. See their web sites for info: < nikon.com.vn/ >, < sony.com.vn/ >.

Most 'second hand' cameras are stolen. You will see them in stores primarily in Quan 1.

If you buy a camera (1) It might be on an international 'hot' list and might be seized, for the police to sort out or (2) It might have been 'repaired' in a VN version of a clean room, that is to say any dusty room.

Same applies to lenses.

Both Nikon and Sony have proper clean benches, right here in SaiGon, where cameras are repaired under extremely clean conditions. The Sony factory repair facility is located in Binh Thanh District. They can even repair and refocus 'long' lenses.

Thanks For the info Jaitch.
Will keep a lookout.

Jaitch wrote:

Nikon and Sony have authorised dealers in VietNam who can issue worldwide warranties. See their web sites for info: < nikon.com.vn/ >, < sony.com.vn/ >.

Most 'second hand' cameras are stolen. You will see them in stores primarily in Quan 1.

If you buy a camera (1) It might be on an international 'hot' list and might be seized, for the police to sort out or (2) It might have been 'repaired' in a VN version of a clean room, that is to say any dusty room.

Same applies to lenses.

Both Nikon and Sony have proper clean benches, right here in SaiGon, where cameras are repaired under extremely clean conditions. The Sony factory repair facility is located in Binh Thanh District. They can even repair and refocus 'long' lenses.

Don't bother with the prices here. It's so much cheaper in sgp and you get better packages back home. Here it's also hard to get the proper accessories. I don't know about can tho but they are plenty of authorised Nikon & Canon dealers along tran hung dao street in district 1 that's just adjacent to Bui Vien & Pham ngu lau streets

Nguyen kim shoping electric center .

Agreed with Hue1964.

You may want to check out the specs and release date at this site. dpreview.com/

Also there is a online camera site that most Singaporean buy from or to check pricing and they have a shop in Singapore behind The Central@Clarke Quay. ddelectronics.com.sg

I did shop around last year and decided to go for the all-in-one Superzoom DSLR. More cost effective and don't need to carry around all the extra lenses and accessories. dpreview.com/reviews/q110superzoomgroup/ (this is not the latest review though) Anyway, pretty happy with my Panasonic Lumix FZ100. http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/compact/fz100/index.html And also I like to use Photoscape to touch up the picture. The best freeware I evaluated so far.

For second hand camera, try hardwarezone.com.sg and phing.com. I have been trading 2nd stuff on this site for many years. Collection at MRT station. Remember to get original receipt to make sure warranty is still there and that it is not a stolen goods.

Above will give you a good guide on the price and type of camera you are looking for. Usually for new models, you don't get a lot of discount from the retail shop, so it may be good to buy from the airport and get 7% off from the GST.

And if you buy from retail shop to bring to Vietnam you must let the retail shop know in advance to give you the receipt with GST to get the rebate.

Hope above helps.

Oh... and Gong Xi Fa Cai !