Weather.......

Hi there

I just wanted to ask anyone who is in Mauritius at the moment about the general weather there.

Me and my family are leaving for Grand Baie in a couple of weeks time. I know it is winter there and between 16-25C and that it can be quite windy. My question, is the wind cold or is it a nice warm wind?
I have also kept an eye on the general weather forcast and find that it seems to rain every day which I find strange as its suposed to be the lowest months for rainfall, is the forcast info correct?
As we are staying for a month I need to pack approporiate clothing for us.

Oh, and I just wanted to say thank you Julien for all the other info I have picked up here since starting to read up on Mauritius facts!

welcome Amanah,

Yes it is winter here. Well ... my experience: I spent my first winter in Mauritius with short pants and tee shirts. I couldn't understand why people wore sweat shirts, scarfs and coats. It is now my third winter here and I also wear long pants and sweat shirts ;)

The problem is (I think) humidity.

Where on the island will you be located? some places are more humid than others.

Hi Julien,

We will be renting an apartment in Grand Baie but will definetly be going to see as many places on the island as we can.
So what you are saying, as a typical tourist it will feel like any british summer, and as a Mauritian it will feel cold.;)

Would you say there is alot of rain in the winter months?

Thanks for yor quick reply as always!

Amanah wrote:

So what you are saying, as a typical tourist it will feel like any british summer, and as a Mauritian it will feel cold.;)

yes indeed ... but bring a couple of trousers and sweat shirts, we never now ;)

Amanah wrote:

Would you say there is alot of rain in the winter months?

unfortunately I can't say ... it rains a little bit every day (I am also in Grand Baie) but I can't tell you if it's gonna rain a lot or not in August