Jarabacoa

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post.  I would like to visit Jarabacoa and spend a few weeks.  Any info (places to stay, rent, cost etc) and or pictures would be much appreciated.

Thanks much

Hi Traveler, we spent a few months in Jarabacoa and really enjoyed it. The town is quaint, people are friendly, and it's pretty clean living. Mountains are great for hiking and there's lot of sports available in the area because of the rivers. Vegetables and fruits are plentiful and inexpensive. The climate is cool at times and that is the main reason I don't live there. You can find an apt. in town for around 7-10000 pesos or you can rent a cabin 15 min. away in the countryside, near the river and Jimenoa waterfall. Maybe you can ask some questions to give you further info. Michele

Michita,
Thanks much for your answer.  Any any resturants I should go to?  Anything on Costanza? It's funny that I am going to visit because it is cooler there.

The River Club is very nice and has a good rest., also Jamaca de Dios is a must for the view and you can eat there, Rancho Baiguate is also great...in addition to the small restaurants around the town center/square, "el carrito de Moshe" for hamburgers and the place next to it for pizza and great cheesecake. Super carrot cake and wraps at Las Tinajas. For good Dominican street fare after 5pm,  fried chicken, tostones,etc.there's a big cart one block from the mercado, that's been there for 10 ys.! So that's from expensive to inexpensive.
There is a new road to Constanza, and it's supposed to be very nice but I don't know a thing about that area.

Michita,
Thanks again.

I stayed at a charming little eco-lodge just outside Jarabacoa in the tiny community of Calabazos. It's called Sonido del Yaque and the physical setting in a spectacular ravine is not to be missed, even if just for a day trip.

Jarabacoa has beautiful weather, right now its on the cool side, I am happy to say that I use a sweater, and the summers are hot but not miserable like La Vega and Santiago.

jarachica-

how do you school your kids? Any international schools in jaraboacoa?

I've 3 stinkers of my own