New Yorker living in Taipei

I'm a New Yorker living in Taipei who does not speak Mandarin.  I'm seeking others who have the same feelings of isolation I'm experiencing. I work as an English language consultant at an elementary school in Taipei. If there are Americans out there who are seeking to have a conversation in English with another American, please contact me.  I'm finding my stay here rather lonely.

Hi Lorraine
Welcome to Taipei and I am a native New Yorker(actually born in Brooklyn)as well.I don't speak Mandarin but have never felt isolated in the 2+ years living here.Prior to my move I lived in Hong Kong for 24 years and always felt isolated.Drop me a line and we can chat.
Best
Bob Keilitz

Dear Newbie :-),

first of all, I would like you to understand, that feeling a sort of isolation you shouldn't blame to anyone else but yourself. I'm living here for about 12 years now, not speaking much Chinese either. But that doesn't make me isolated or have a bit of such feeling. Most of my friends are Taiwanese and quite some of them don't speak a work English. But it works great. Trust me, it's all about your approach to others. Certainly, it's not that easy to control or even change one's attitude. But you should keep trying. You'll see, it works. Especially over here, since most people are open minded and will welcome you.