Best time to visit Manali in India

Hi i am a traveler and love to travel hill stations so please can any one suggest me the best time to visit Manali in India.

The climate of Manali is very cold as it is located in the Himalayas and the snow line is not far from the place. The altitude of Manali gives it a climate, which is loved by one and all. The summers are cool and the winters prove to be very harsh. During the winters the snow line comes down and there is snowfall in the region and heavy woolen cloths are required. During the monsoon months due to heavy rainfall there are landslides, which hamper movement. The best time to visit Manali is May and October but one can visit this place during winters too.

HI friend
The Best period for/ travelling / tourism  to Manali India Himalayan region is being schedule between March to may or September to Nov. This please is located in north of India Himalayan region and known as a great famous tourist valley.
June, July and August are count heavy rainfall session and lead to block the highways due to land slides , and DEC to to Feb are coldest timing are observed.

The climate of Manali remains pleasant mostly through the year. In Winters (October to February) the temperature can dip as low as -7°C - ideal time for skiing and enjoying snowfall. Summers (March to June) is ideal for enjoying paragliding, rafting, zorbing and mountain sports. Temperature ranges from 10°C to 25°C and the climate remains pleasant during the day and cold during the night. Monsoons lasts from July to September and is best avoided due to land slides. Rohtang Pass is open only from end of May to September.

The best time to visit Manali is between the summer and autumn months from May through October, barring the monsoon season which arrive in July and August. The summer months of May and June receive maximum tourist in Manali and is a great time for trekking/hiking, paragliding, mountain sports, rafting and zorbing.

Hey Guys,

I am planning to go to Manali this May...may I know which are the places to see and activities to do?

Hello mominwasi,

This thread is quite old I must say, dated 2012. ;)

I would suggest you to create a new discussion in the Hyderabad forum and ask for your questions.

You may have more luck to interact from members in a new thread.

Thank you and good luck!
Marjorie :cheers:

I think I should create new thread in Himachal Pradesh forum as Manali is there.

My bad luck Himachal Pradesh is not listed in the forum I think so..