Getting Drivers License in Lisbon

Hello,
I just moved to Lisbon and I am searching for driving school in English.
Do you know any driving school in Lisbon?

Thanks in advance,
Signe

Do you already have a drivers license from you last country of residence? If so, go join the ACP, ask them to help you convert your license to the Portuguese license. You will have to have a medical exam though most of the ACP offices will have a doctor nearby that they can recommend for this. Fill in the paperwork and wait. It is that easy.

No, I dont have so need to find a driving school in English.

can you please explain what is ACP and where is this place in lisbon

I'm curious to learn about the ACP as well. I'm American, currently living in Germany, but moving to Lisbon in a few months. I have a California driver's license, never converted it to German license. I'd like to get a license in Lisbon.

Thanks!

They are recognized driving school in lisbon. My advice to you is that you better converted your californica license to German license. Because if you have German license you only have to exchange to your german license to portuguese or just drive on your German license.

You can find them on the website just type ACP

Thanks @anthonyfernandes for the reply! Unfortunately, I cannot easily switch my California license to a German license due to the weird laws here. I have been licensed for 19 years, but due to German laws, I would need to take courses and exams as if I've never been licensed before, and courses in Germany cost over 1.000€ minimum. So I just never converted my license and generally don't drive in Germany. Once I move to Lisbon, I'd like to lease a car and therefore need the proper license.

In that case you try in lisbon. Maybe it might be easy out here at ACP try writing to them.  Good luck

I wrote to the ACP and they replied with very helpful information! Here's what they said:

To exchange your American drivers license to a Portuguese one you will need the following documents:

·         Drivers licence (Must be valid, cannot be expired)
·         Portuguese doctor certificate (can be issued in ACP)
·         Portuguese fiscal number (numero de contribuinte)
·         Cartão do cidadão or Resident card issued by S.E.F (serviço de estrangeiros e fronteiras)
·         Certificate of authenticity of your drives licence, should be requested to California authorities.

ACP does have a medical service to its members (25€), the doctor issues de certificate so you can exchange your driver's licence to a Portuguese one directly in IMT services, they are the only entity that takes cares of these processes;

http://www.imt-ip.pt/sites/IMTT/Portugu … /Sede.aspx

Hi, thank you very much for sharing this usefull information regarding driving license

Good luck

Anthony

Thank you for sharing this information regarding driving license in Portugal

Wishing you good luck i hope you will feel happy now because the cost will come less for your driving license good luck

Anthony