Custom fees

about to move to cebu.  curious about any website for custom fees for a car and motorcycle if anyone can help

Hello stizzlnhere and welcome to Expat.com!

I guess that an introduction would have been welcomed.;)

And could you please be more explicit in your questions?

Thanks,
Harmonie.

I believe its 150% of the assessed fair value.

so a $10,000 motorcycle would cost $15,000 just for custom fees?

stizzlnhere wrote:

so a $10,000 motorcycle would cost $15,000 just for custom fees?

Yes. so $25k all in. Also, they will charge customs on shipping charges as well.

http://www.customs.gov.ph/faqs.php#4.1

stizzlnhere wrote:

about to move to cebu.  curious about any website for custom fees for a car and motorcycle if anyone can help

Hi stizzlnhere,

these are the computations i got when i paid for my car.

15% duties
12% tax
2% excise

they will multiply that according to the value of your car. Plus add the brokers charges and freight fees. When I computed everything that I paid, its around 35% to 40% of the declared value. So if you plan to import $10,000 value of car, you must have at least $4,000 on hand.

Goodluck!:)

I wanted to revive this thread.

My question is this.  I will be relocating to Manila early next year and so I am researching if it would be practical to ship my car to Manila from the USA. 

Am I reading this correctly?  If I ship my car to Manila I will have to pay fees that are in the thousands of dollars?  Say my car is worth $15,000USD?
If this is correct I should just sell my car and buy a car locally in Manila.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks
chris

Hello Chris, as you are on the Cebu forum, I think you should start a new thread on the Manila forum with your questions on car shipping. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

It's more practical warranty and parts availability wise to get a vehicle locally.  You also have to consider availability of mechanics with knowledge or experience with exotic vehicles.   But if you can't bear to part with your vehicle you can contact the following: http://manilaforwarder.com/vehicleshipment.html

i think your better off buying a cap in philippines much cheaper.

There are plenty of affordable cars in the Philippines. A new Ford Escape is just about Php 1.1 million or $27k.  A decent used one is about half.  The embassies and NGOs are always selling good used cars.

Also, Harley Davidson will finally open a dealership in Feb 2013 on EDSA next to Chrysler and Hyundai under the CATS franchise. Prices will be about Php 650k for a sporty, if you know your Harleys. Other big bikes sold here are BMWs and Ducatis.

@ Chris, BTW, I used to live in DC, miss the city.

[Moderated: No free advertisement on the forum pls]