Moving to Bali and confused...

My dad is retiring in Bali at the end of March 2012 and I plan to go along with him. I have saved money but would still like to work. I have been researching working visas and I'm getting really confused. I have loads of work experience and references but not a degree. I hear that makes it difficult? Also I hear once you apply for the visa you have to leave the contry and then come back? Also that is costs 1200USD per yearin tax? If you have any helpful advice please add me to your network or leave a message. Thank you so much and its great to find this awesome site!

Hello Katrina,  Welcome!

I migration and Visas are a complex issue, the rules seem to change almost daily. So I don't want to confuse you any more with my opinions.
The best advice I can give you is to check out Highway Bali Advisory Service.. ImmigrationBali.com
I have used this service for almost three years, to my complete satisfaction.

Hope this helps.

Not much work in Bali for expats at all irrespective of what quals u have.
My friend teaches English online here and its easier to apply when in Bali and they help with Kitas and insurance after u qualify.
No TEFL needed either

Thank you for both of your reply's its really great to be able to connect with people this way :)

Thank you for the website link aussiehj I will check it out..fizzqueen
do you happen to know what website your friend uses? Thanks again..

she works at English First

Hi cutty from Canada. Don t listen too much people. Papers ans CV are not the best references here. Cause anyone can print them for cheap. Don t be a dreamer, know yourself and your limits. if you are professional in any field, you ll find a job. The best is to create your job.
For visa:
your father is retiring, so he ll has a retirement visa by his own and can sponsor you 6 month with a social budaya. That will give you time to go around, meet people and make choices.
then a KiTAS cost 1200usd + 400usd agent fee +round trip iin SING to make it. best agent around Mas Travel, Mr SUJONO , ive connect w him 15 yrs ago and he is still running himself to the airport to help his customers at 1am. he has the connections.
yes Bali isn t an open land like before, but a pro, honnest and heartfull will alwys have opportunities. Think about giving, then you ll get.
If you re matching your photo, you are very beautiful and it s a plus. Do you have experience in sales? That is a field that lack of pugnacity and of punchy people.
you can e mail me your field of expertise and I can ask around if something matches.
I hope it helps.
see you around.

Hi,

This service maybe useful if you're worried about leaving him behind here in Bali. Regardless, all the very best.

baliexpatresettlement.com

The US$1,200 is the fee you must pay for a work permit.
The KITAS (Visa) costs Rp700,000 + about 80,000 for the photos and so on.
You must leave the country to get the visa but it doesn't have to be Singapore.
Agent's fees vary depending on how much they think they can rip you off for.
Don't trust them and shop around before you buy their service.

Hi Katrina,

Safe journey to Bali, do you have someone to greet you?
I assume you have some accommodation upon arrival ??
Best wishes Aussiehj

Yes and yes :) thank you!