Job

Hi all i am looking to relocate from Ireland to Spain (Malaga area) but having trouble finding good websites for jobs i would kile to do housekeeping cleaning etc not seasonal work i want to live there i am fully trained bartender but that would be my second choice if anyone could help me out that would be great thanks

Employment is pretty tight in Andalucia to say the least.  A lot of cleaning work is cash in hand and for low rates - assuming you can even get into the Spanish market.  The newspaper Sur in English occasionally has housekeeping jobs but the sits vac are not included in their website.

Barwork is also tight and usually seasonal.  If you have a job right now in Ireland - my advice would be not to chuck it.

Hi thanks for reply but no job in Ireland so nothing to loose but will keep all you said in mind just want a fresh start didn't think it was going to be this difficult i am at present stuck between a rock and a hard place.......
regards,
Caroline

Regarding cleaning, my Spanish neighbour works three mornings a week about 4 hours a day, so we are looking at average 12 hours a week, maybe 16 if she does extra.  Bearing in mind that she grew up in our village (and she travels to work) and speaks Spanish - it doesn't hold a lot of hope for immigrants.  An Irish friend set up a cleaning venture for ex-pats - and it didn't even last months.  Sorry to be gloomy on that one. 

Bar work is possibly more likely in the popular English speaking resorts - but as I said may well often be seasonal. Also bear in mind that so many Spaniards in resorts have pretty good English, so unless you have at least a few words of Spanish and an excellent knowledge of the 1001 ways of preparing coffee you face stiff competition.

If you have any savings probably better to get yourself a cheap flight and have a look round a resort place to see what the score is.  Would also give you chance to pick up copies of the local press and see what if anything is offered.  I'll try and remember to pick one up and have a look for you and post up on here.

The only good news I can offer (!!) is that because the economy is poor, you can get a good deal on accommodation right now.  However if you don't have an income, then any rental becomes expensive.

I'll try and find something more optimistic and cheery to post next time :D

Thanks again for reply was beginning to think i was completely doomed at this stage!! was promised a job in ibersol resort hotel in andalucia  through a x but of course that is gone now too .... but still want the move so if i got any kind of job that would pay the rent i would be there tomorrow but there is no point in going from one situation to another i know i have to be realistic about the thing too and value your opinion so thanks

Caroline.