kitchen spices and herbs in bottles
spaghetti and other uncooked pasta
small house batteries
vinegars
sugar and flour
canned goods like soup, tuna fish, etc.
condiments like mustard, mayo, etc.
vitamins

I have checked the web and the restrictions are a bit vague.  I know I cannot ship cigarettes, alcohol, and prescriptions

Can anyone help as I was told if there is something prohibited in the shipment, they will delay the shipment and fine me.

Thank you very much.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

As long as you are bringing in preserved/dried foods, there is no problem. Here is an easy table to determine customs for other newly purchased stuff.

http://www.airbox.com.pa/pty/airboxbase … htm&sz=810   Look under Producto...

The only things prohibited are the obvious, ie.  arms, drugs, crates of cigarettes (There have been many raids at the border confiscating pirated cigarettes, so they are a bit sensitive on that)If you are coming in as a jubilado and have your card, then your agent should know and will get you your exemption for all your legal stuff.

I have to tell you that bringing in things like flour, pasta, etc., would be (in my opinion, unless you have specialty flours, etc.) a pain for two reasons. If it sits anywhere for any amount of time, you will have a package of bugs. The other thing is that for the amount that you will pay to ship it will raise the cost of the stuff to much more than you can buy them here. Most spices are available here in the major cities. We have an account with large supermarket in Panama City where we order things that we cannot normally get out here in the country. (ribasmith.com) So, all of that stuff you listed is available here. My recommendation is to use it where you are, sell it or give it away and buy fresh here.

Basically if you lead a normal legal lifestyle and don't have illegal drugs and firearms, you won't have any problems with your stuff. The nightmare stories you hear are from the other kind of folks.

If you have more specific questions, private msg me.

Bob

Hello,

a while back, most of our goods were packed for eventual shipment to Panama. The obvious exclusions were gasoline, batteries, most liquids (spillage could be an issue at sea because of the type of movement). Shampoos and similar liquids were securely packaged. Anything that might spoil over a long period of time was also excluded. The packers knew what was banned.
Hope this helps!

Iris (Postcardsfrompanama.net)

You can find most of all you will need in Panama. I would not recommend shipping anything here. I came with my suitcases and felt I had to bring my car since I love the doggone thing. Well, It was a mistake. I should have sold it and gotten one here. The cost and the hoops you have to jump through are not worth it.