Visa medical

Hello there

My self and my husband are planning to move to Mauritius in September this year. We are living in Kenya at the moment.

We have not started the visa process but know there is a medical involved. Does any one know is this usually an issue? Do many fail and if so, for what reasons did they fail?

Thank you, looking forward to life in Mauritius!

Hi

You need HIV, Hepatitis B Surface Antigen and
chest x-ray tests

If you like there is the following document that makes everything clear on how to do the process

http://www.expatmauritius.com/service-p … fo-doc.pdf

Another thing is when coming from East Africa make sure you have your yellow fever card

Hi!
Thank you for your reply, I've seen from your profile we've lived in some of the same countries. I'm guessing you are very happy living in Mauritius? any bad points?

We thought the medical was pretty standard, don't want anything to stand in the way of our move. Will have Yellow fever in hand! I don't make that mistake after forgetting it once traveling from Kenya to SA...dohh!

Just another question, where do you live on the Island and if you could choose again where would you live? We are mid 30's, used to living with many different nationalities/cultures and looking forward to water sports and motorbikes!

Thanks again

Excellent and a very informative report.

Welcome on board Irish Beach girl!

Mauritius is a very nice destination, and water sports here are just fantastic!

Thanks Julien!

I have been reading lots of your posts and I'm getting a really good feel for life in Mauritius. Will contact u again for scuba tips!

My husband is wanting to buy a second hand sports bike or off roader, are there good second hand dealers, I'm guessing cars/bikes to buy on Mauritius are very expensive being an Island.

Do many expats that you have seen work in the medical field? I am a paramedic and phlebotomist and would really like to work.

Thanks! so many questions!

I can't help you about the bike and the medical job, but I'll be very pleased to give you a couple of scuba tips when you'll be around here ;)