Moving to Hong Kong

Hi everyone

I am from Australia and will move to Hong Kong in the next few week. I have already secured a job in Hong Kong, which takes away one burden.

But I was hoping to get your ideas on what would be worth relocating from here to HK. I understand apartment sizes are significantly smaller and more expensive. But I don't have enough knowledge of apartment sizes. Ultimately, I am keen to be within say 15 mins or thereabout to work, groceries, sporting facilities etc. Therefore, it would be great if you could help with the following:

What locations are convenient to live in on Hong Kong Island?
Average price for a 2BR apartment where both bedrooms are of reasonable size? How much would this increase if the apartment was semi-furnished/furnished?
What furniture and electronics and other household goods are worth relocating to HK?
Any websites that you can refer to check up housing details?

Cheers
DJ

Well you can find 2 BR apartments ranging, on Hong Kong island, from 9,00 which will be a old basic building to 30,000 HK Dollars which will provide a club house, pool, and gym. In most cases these 2 BR apartment will be the size of about 500 sq ft. the difference will be location (not in all cases), condition of the building, and things you can do in that building such as: pool, gym, etc. If you want a bigger place you can live a bit North of HK Island in the New territories. Up there you can get more space for the same price but it will take you like 1 hr to get to the island.

Thanks, mate. Can you also tell me what household goods are worth relocating from here if the company is willing to pay for it? Or do you think its best that you buy new stuff in HK itself?