Moving to riyadh from pakistan

dear

any one please guide me about what to carry in my suitcase while moving from lahore to riyadh for job.shoes,clothes warm or cold,etc

regards

Hi Muzhi. There's a little chill in the air now in Riyadh, and I think it will last until early March. You don't need a winter jacket though, just 1-2 sweaters will do (not too thick). Depending on what your work will be, then bring clothes/shoes that will be required/appropriate, otherwise, there is a lot of clothes here (I even wished I did not bring lots when I first came).

The site is full of these discussions, though you will have to be patient in digging, since some are inside a topic that is not necessarily "what to bring in Riyadh". :) Try the Cost of Living and Everyday Life Rooms.

Hi muzhi,
weather is very hot in the summer time and dry cold in the winter time.

Advance Welcome to the Riyadh..

Here winter session is too short Dry cold but Summer is too hot.

I think no warm clothes needed, as now the waether becoming hot.

some days the winter here is freezing .. specially in riyadh very cold and dry ..

and the summer is like 70% of the year .. and yah its so HOT! xD

Ackeles wrote:

some days the winter here is freezing .. specially in riyadh very cold and dry ..

and the summer is like 70% of the year .. and yah its so HOT! xD

can you recomend me a good thing to carry with me? ...

well .. light cloth would be ok ..
for winter which is 2 months max in the year you need few heavy cloths ..

i dont know what do you mean by good thing to carry with you .. it could be anything lol!

tell me whats in your mind and ill tell you if you can use it here or not hehe

thanks for your reply :-) i was planning to buy some swetters for cold but now i have changed my mind .what about the prices of cloths and shoes in riyadh as compare to lahore pakistan.?

how much luggage wieght is allowed.and which air line to prefere?

regards

muzhi wrote:

thanks for your reply :-) i was planning to buy some swetters for cold but now i have changed my mind .what about the prices of cloths and shoes in riyadh as compare to lahore pakistan.?

how much luggage wieght is allowed.and which air line to prefere?

regards

i see prices for cloths and shoes are normal .. but i dont know if it cheaper or more expensive than Pakistan. maybe Pakistani guys can help you more since i never been to Pakistan before hehe

good luck ^_^

I am also from Lahore, Pak.  I suggest you bring couple sweaters, here the winter is nothing like Lahore, so now you can mange next couple months with sweater before it gets very warm.  I suggest you bring more clothes to accommodate the summer.
You already have a job or you will be hunting here...?

yazi.malik wrote:

I am also from Lahore, Pak.  I suggest you bring couple sweaters, here the winter is nothing like Lahore, so now you can mange next couple months with sweater before it gets very warm.  I suggest you bring more clothes to accommodate the summer.
You already have a job or you will be hunting here...?

thanks dear.

i have got offer as a sales electrical engineer in riyadh .but my package does not include accomodation .if any one of you can help me in searching accomodation.initialy i am looking for a share appartment with pakistani fallows near my office which in at al khiraj road near yamama cement factory.as share appartment will be economical.

thanks

Someone will offer you a sharing accomodation option, if you are very lucky :) I mean this thing is not very popular here.

By the way, AlKharj road Yamama cement factory is in east of riydh and house rent there are really cheap; though a little far from the city center.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Someone will offer you a sharing accomodation option, if you are very lucky :) I mean this thing is not very popular here.

By the way, AlKharj road Yamama cement factory is in east of riydh and house rent there are really cheap; though a little far from the city center.

thanks dear
its good to know that rent is cheaper these.:)i would like to get more information from u plz tell me name of any good rasidence place near my office so that i get more information before i reach there, also tell me that all the living needs eg super market hospital and other things like that are available in this region or not.

Al-Mansoura, Al-Yamamah, Al-Azizyah are the places nearby. Al-Mansoura is a good place to live comparatively.
Mini-Markets and poly-clinics are everywhere in that area. On 10 minutes drive is a Hyper-Panda super market.

Btw, Al-Azizyah is the main place from where trips go to Mecca & Madina.

dear all
thanks for your kind support and for me i reached here in riyadh yesterday through NAS AIR and dnt ask me about the Air Service of nas air.also the imigeration process at riyadh airport.both was just shits.

as to have your company please anyone shoud better guide me i need 1BR flate in Al-Mansoura, Al-Yamamah, Al-Azizyah .please guide me how to search and if anyone have any building name please do tel me.......
thanks

Did you check out the classifieds here?  Click in the box to your left.

Also, there's always a lot of ads HERE!

Best of luck.

dear all,
i have seen the expartriate.com also visited the area but still not get a good option .
we are three friends and searching for three bed room appartment or singe rooms in the same building in azizia or near to azizia .if any one have good option please tell me.

Looking for a good is not that easy. Mainly you've 2 options.

1- Keep searching on expatriates.com
2- Visit these areas after your work and visit all Aqarat (Real-Estate) offices - they close at 9PM usually.

dear all,

thanks for your coopration.
kindly let me know if some body have information of ENGINEER AZAD VISA.as i want to call my fried on engineer visa.

Regards