Question about medicines!

Hello!

So, if any of you have seen me before, I am from the US - and my dream has finally come true of marrying my Norwegian man, and living in Norway with him! There is a lot of things I am learning about living here, and I a question I think is very important for me to know.

I am from the US, for staters. What I am looking to find, is a good resource on Norwegian over-the-counter medicines, and which ones to buy for what. My husband so far has been extremely helpful in pointing things out to me, but I am very accustomed to looking at the back of boxes, checking ingredients, and knowing (mostly) which things to look for when I need them. But, not only is my Norwegian language not very good yet, but many of the names for things here are completely different.

Is there some kind of resource for comparing international medicine products? Maybe a website?

I am not sure a comprehensive website exists but if you carry out internet search by the name of the main active ingredient of the medication on google, using the advanced search to select norwegian pages only, you will find the equivalent of your medication in Norway (if it exists and if it is sold over the counter). Far less medications are sold over the counter in Norway compared to the US