Looking for general advice?

Hi all,

We are in initial research stages and I've found this blog the most inspiring and informative yet!

We are looking to move to Hoi An for a three month trial with the option of staying on if all works out. We have a three year old girl, I work in the online world (so don't need to find any work) and my wife would love to do some volunteer work.

We would love some general advice on housing, childcare, living costs, amenities etc. to compliment what we are able to find out ourselves..I'm a firm believer in asking someone that has already done it for their thoughts!

The advice and feedback ive seen on this forum fills me with excitement and hope that we could make this dream a reality!

Any advice is welcome, be it links, contacts or based on personal experience.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Hello Chris,

Since you and your wife will not be working or doing any business here, you might want to look more into the tourist visa situation.  I know there is a limit to the amount of time that you and your family can stay in Vietnam, if you are on tourist visas.

Best wishes,
Howie

Hey Chris did you do it? If so bring on the stories and tips. This site bit light on the helping. Seems the only advice is from a very sad old butterfly.

BIGJED1975, have you seen how many messages are shared everyday on the Vietnam forum ?

By the way, please keep your comments such as "very sad old butterfly" for you please. It doesn't help on any way

Really.  Im sorry that some of your members are so negitave. I dont find it helpful either.

Hi Chris , I am on the HCMc forum and in general find the subjects covered to be spot on, my intentin is to do some reconnicence trips my next will be in july 2014 to Hue and Hoian I found ,during my first trip they were the places I would most like to live in VN is a fantastic place, good luck with your family aspirations Mark