Thinking about move help!

hi guys happy new year to everybody.im a single mum to a toddler and just trying to get information as im thinking of making the move to melbourne, as i have a younger brother over there,but he is a young single guy that can afford be more carefree.what would a qualifed hairstylist earn working fulltime?how much would childcare costs be? also how much would it cost to rent a decent house?i dont want to make any move until i can get some more information as i have a child that comes first.if anybody could help me with some information i would be grateful.i would not be able to go on a holiday first to see if i like melbourne as it would be way too expensive.

Hi,

Childcare cost usually is ~$100 a day full time. Hairdresser's wage is fairly low (30-40k) and you likely would not be able to rent a decent house (~$400 a week) and pay for childcare from this wage let alone have money left for food or pay electricity bills. It would be fairly tough for you to survive on this wage.

Australia's living cost mostly rely on dual household incomes or one fairly high income. 

hope this helps

thanks i was thinking as much unless i shared living costs it would be impossible.happy new year