Share or live alone

Hi there -

I'm Andy, looking to move out to Qatar in March and of course have a large number of questions! The main point I'm considering at the moment is where to live, and whether to "go it alone" or start off sharing a property?

My main concern in moving out is the fact I won't know a great deal of people, and being a social type of guy am worried about feeling rather lonely at least to begin with.

What is the social scene like in Doha, and would people recommend living in a share, or being brave! And where?

Thanks,
Andy

Hello Andy and welcome to Expat.com!;)

Good luck in your research.

Harmonie.

Hey Andy,
hope you have found some answers to your questions?

Not really as yet, but it's been put back a little while (possibly a few more months) so it's not *quite* as urgent. Still very interested to hear though!

Look up Qatarliving.com
Lots of information on there.

Puzzle is right, if you didn't find anything I'll try to get you some numbers of real estate agents to help you out, I suggest you try searching the net really well because those agents take money

yah i got angels point...

So did you manage to find anything good to do then? I'm from England and am looking to move here in September..eek. Have a Skype interview this sunday with a school in Doha. What's it like living there? I used to visit my dad in Saudi and can't imagine it's THAT bad..

DONT COMPARE QATAR WITH sAUDI..  Saudi is a diferent place to live.. but qatar is so calm and quite... a lil bit boring.. but if you start exploring.. its a lot more to do in qatar than u think you can do ... now wait sum more tym. its entertainment comin up ahead... now work hard... grab sum money.. like i do.. then whn football starts.. ENJOY...!!... hw s dat sounds... NJOYYYY....! Anyway living is enjoing ryt..? First of all like all GCC, we enjoy thursday nyt and fridays.. drink hard.. party hard.. ffff.. fly hard.. for the freeks.. others, eat lil.. party lil.. enjoy a lil.. i dont know which way to go..!  but i live...

I have frnds.. i go to beaches.. i go dancing.. i drink(rarely)..  life is lyke this... but u keep on changing.. Life stays still.. Our life is small make it a LARGE.. am i ryt.. guys and galz..?? dont worry about the changes..  u keep up with the flow.. unless u dont have a clear aim in your life..!!