AFTER RESIDENCY WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR CEDULA (PYAN ID CARD)

REQUIREMENTS NEEDED FOR CEDULA, PLEASE REMEMBER THIS DOCUMENT IS GIVEN AFTER YOU OBTAIN RESIDENCY AND IT IS THE PARAGUAYAN ID CARD.

Residency certificate granted by the Migration Office.

Authenticated copy of your permanent residence carnet

Authenticated copy of your passport, birth certificate.

Please bear in mind that these last document has to be legalized by the Paraguayan consulate at your end, or where the document is issued.

In case your are married, divorced, or a widow, authenticated copy of the certificate that proves such situation documents have to be legalized by the Paraguayan consulate at your end, or where the document is issued.

Life and residency certificate granted by Police.

Certificate of Criminal Files for foreigners, granted by Paraguayan Police.

Thanks for sharing Jfinestra!

Armand

Jfinestra wrote:

REQUIREMENTS NEEDED FOR CEDULA, PLEASE REMEMBER THIS DOCUMENT IS GIVEN AFTER YOU OBTAIN RESIDENCY AND IT IS THE PARAGUAYAN ID CARD.

Residency certificate granted by the Migration Office.

Authenticated copy of your permanent residence carnet

Authenticated copy of your passport, birth certificate.

Please bear in mind that these last document has to be legalized by the Paraguayan consulate at your end, or where the document is issued.

In case your are married, divorced, or a widow, authenticated copy of the certificate that proves such situation documents have to be legalized by the Paraguayan consulate at your end, or where the document is issued.

Life and residency certificate granted by Police.

Certificate of Criminal Files for foreigners, granted by Paraguayan Police.

Please help me understand this:

I need an original birth certificate to be authenticated at a py consulate to apply for carnet.

then

I need a copy of birth certificate authenticated at a py consulate to apply for cedula.

Should I send in original and copy of birth certificate to a consulate for authentication at the same time?
Will it be acceptable to submit an authenticated copy of birth certificate with cedula application that is over 3 months old?

Hello daxbr and welcome to Expat.com!

To note that this thread is date 2011. Do not hesitate to start a new one on the Paraguay forum for better visibility. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie