Does a 'huissier' exist in the Netherlands like in France?

I need to serve a legal paper to someone who lives in the Netherlands (they are Dutch) they must sign for the letter in other words 'a certified letter' but when I send them the certified letter by post they refuse to accept it so I need to send someone to their house or office and give it to them and this sheriff or 'huissier' as in France will ask to them sign the paper.
Does this type of person exist in Holland? What are they called and do they do this kind of thing and for how much?

Thanks

In Dutch u would call it a DEURWAARDER. So u would need to find a company who provide this service and convey the case to them.
Good luck:)

cerdfrance wrote:

I need to serve a legal paper to someone who lives in the Netherlands (they are Dutch) they must sign for the letter in other words 'a certified letter' but when I send them the certified letter by post they refuse to accept it so I need to send someone to their house or office and give it to them and this sheriff or 'huissier' as in France will ask to them sign the paper.
Does this type of person exist in Holland? What are they called and do they do this kind of thing and for how much?

Thanks

Yes, such people are called "deurwaarder": GOOGLE for Deurwaarder in Nederland and then contact them for service

cerdfrance wrote:

Thanks

Bonsoir,
Pour ce qui est de la certification des documents, je suis passé par l'ambassade du pays vers lequel le document est destiné. L'ambassade fait payer un droit d'enregistrement par signature. Il faut juste présenter votre document, plus votre carte d'identité.
Dans le cas du Pays-Bas, je pense que l'ambassade du Pays-Bas en France peut le faire pour vous. Les anglophones appelleraient cela "notary public".